+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Freezetag suggestions

Member d3lph1c is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Venser View Post
    And most important of all, make it free.
    A long time I had the same mind. But I think the mind of the majority of gamers has to change. Not everything can be for free. It shouldnt be a problem to pay 25USD for 1 year. Not everybody need a pro membership, but a premium membership should be the minimum for everybody. Then you need only few pro members to open extra servers.

Maybe ID should think about to switch more gametypes to premium mode.

Member CANADIAN is on a distinguished road CANADIAN's Avatar
    This request keeps coming back and that's the ability to spectate when frozen. All the other mods in Quake 3 Arena had this feature and the weaker players who spend time frozen, can watch the stronger players and learn from thaw tactics. Aside from the awful spaning when only loosing team spawns, the Spectate when frozen is the most often requested change. Please take another looks at this to see if anything can be done to implement this feature.

Member CANADIAN is on a distinguished road CANADIAN's Avatar
    Awwww....Heck...I might as well add this one 'cause its just killing me. Please please...please....provide us the round time parameter so that we eliminate the "ROUND DRAW" which automatically re-spawns everyone and totally upsets the dynamics of the round since it is ended artificially with everyone Groaning and going ***???? Just a bad way to end a hard fought round with thaws going back and forth.

Senior Member Turbulence is on a distinguished road Turbulence's Avatar
    lets make CTF Premium or how about all All Weapons Mods ? then lets see the reaction when others feel our pain

some of these suggestions here have already been asked for before and noted, its just if or when it can be done i guess in the list of importancy

I have a suggestion i noted from actually playing the game :O right then in FT when you are thawing its nice to be able to move from the side and jump up onto your team mates head until they thaw, you can even drop down the other side or whatever until they thaw, you get the picture, Anyway when you go up onto your team mates head your vision is blocked by that god damn Cyan Triangle Is there anyway we could make that transparent in that situation ?
    Thawing Friends in Q3 iFT since 2002

Some more Suggestions we'd like to see

1. When i spawn an iFT server with the instagib box checked i want to be able to adjust the Gauntlet Damage, could we make that happen please 25 - 100 (Adjustable Setting)

2. When i spawn a server and uncheck the instagib box and disable all weapons except Gauntlet and Railgun, In the game when a player Freezes they drop their railgun and its left floating to be picked up. can that drop be disabled ? Its the weapon dropping not the weapon spawning.

3. When i spawn a server can it stay for example DEU, Frankfurt and not change back to In My Vicinity ?

4. Enviromental Damage OFF/ON Option, especially Lava Damage please.

5. If SpawnFragged within so many milliseconds you respawn elsewhere on the map. (Adjustable setting)

6. When players come back into the game after each round or get spawn fragged and respawn elsewhere could it be made possible to spawn at the furthest spawnpoints away from the Enemy ?

7. At the start of Rounds instead of the announcer saying "3-2-1" or "2-1" or "1 Fight" Could there be a no announcer option ON/OFF or just so many milliseconds before all spawn. Like round delay without the Countdown and the round starts. 0 - 2000 milliseconds (Adjustable setting)

It would be great if someone could make this happen.

Thanks for all the work so far with FreezeTag.
    Last edited by Turbulence; 02-11-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Another thing i noticed in the server setup for FreezeTag in "GameType Settings" is this "Protected Spawn Time" - Time from spawn, in milliseconds, in which fragging a player will respawn instead of freeze. (Default: 0)

Its unclear what that exactly means. After testing we realised its not what we want or asked for Unless theres some other reason why this does'nt work.

Does this mean the time from when a spawned player can frag an in game player or is this a player in game fragging a newly spawned player ?

We think its the first one but need the second option and not Spawn Protection

What we really need is when a player spawns and an in game player frags them, the player that was spawnfragged respawns elsewhere on the map at another spawnpoint until that player respawns and stays alive for so many milliseconds maybe 1500 or something. The purpose of this is to stop spawnfrags. We did have this in the past in the legandary NoGhost mod by Maverick.
    Last edited by Turbulence; 02-11-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbulence View Post
    But what we need is When a player respawns and an in game player frags them, the player that was spawnfragged respawns elsewhere on the map at another spawnpoint until that player respawns and stays alive for so many milliseconds maybe 1500 or something. The purpose of this is to stop spawnfrags. We did have this in the past in the legandary NoGhost mod by Maverick.
    This option does that. Set it to 1000 milliseconds and if you are fragged within 1000 milliseconds after your spawn, you will respawn instead of freeze. It might be at the same spawn point though.

Yeah thats what we thought but when we tested it it did'nt work like that :S it was the player already alive in the game that respawned when they was fragged by a newly spawned player. :S

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbulence View Post
    Yeah thats what we thought but when we tested it it did'nt work like that :S it was the player already alive in the game that respawned when they was fragged by a newly spawned player. :S
    Demo or it didn't happen.
    I've played a ton of iFT since that option was added and I never saw that happen. The correct behaviour was always the one occurring.

Update : Demo'ed it but its on Longest Yard 1v1 lol it does'nt work but i was thinking maybe that we need to do 2v2 as it may not work on Lastman standing even though it should as you can imagine the pain of losing a Nations Cup Final to a SpawnFrag lol. But I'll do another demo with more players

ps : tested it at 1000, 2500 & 5000 milliseconds
    Last edited by Turbulence; 02-16-2013 at 02:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread