A couple of items which may have been overlooked since the latest update (which all the NA ultra FT applaud and appreciate). Like I said before, the best update in Quake......EVA!!! and I have been playing since 2000...here's some Vintage names from wayback....http://home.comcast.net/~cfc/members.html. Let me preface these suggestions with the fact that the only version of all weapons FT being played in NA on a nightly basis is the ultra FT settings with servers being hosted by [SoG] & [B] members.
1. Scoreboard - Freeze tag scoreboard remains unchanged compared to all the other modes which got the enhanced stats parameters with the lovely flags, awards and detailed stats menu. Would be nice to get the same scoreboard as all the other pre/pro players since it makes the FT guys feel they are second class clients.
2. Mercy Limit - Wow....no more mercy limit. This was a useful server option and we always set this to 10 on a game limit of 20 rounds/20 minutes. It just helped end really unbalanced games so we could shuffle for a more competitive match.
3. "Last Man Standing" - Besides being sexist since this assume no females will ever be the last human standing, the announcer perhaps should be made an option since in ultra Freeze Tag we have no rounds, so round count down doesn't exist and "round tied!!" is meaningless except to make everyone go ***.
4. Huge yellow triangles that do not shrink with distance. Team member markers (Yellow triangles above team members) are HUMUNGOUS and serve to confuse and confound as you cannot estimate how far away your friendlies are from you. this is especially noticeable on maps with many rooms and leaves you guessing if help is near or...perhaps not.
5. The updated method of spawn protection with "no rounds" and "only loosing team re-spawned" is still being vetted to see how it impacts our game play. I am not sure how that would address when I get killed by Quad near a spawn point only to be re-spawned in the same room as quad. If I set the spawn protection time to 3 seconds, it means I have 3 seconds to kill quad without taking damage which kinda reverses the purpose of spawn protection as the advantage now swings to the loosing team who are the only ones re-spawning with 3 sec spawn protection to inflict as much damage during spawn ins. Rather like the whole team having invulnerability for 3 seconds.
6. Autothaw time option for friendly fire. Autothaw has always been 2 minutes but if a freeze is caused by friendly fire, could there be an option to autothaw in 30 seconds.
7. killbeep. Could you add a "Holy Sh###T" killbeep. This was a hilarious killbeep which can add much amusement to the game in contrast to the new announcer.
8. Freezetag maps - Berserker (Polo3dm5), Kleskonian heights, Sleep, Danger City, Runtfest, Batcula (ospdm2), uberkill, Pad maps.
9. Quad should last for 30 seconds from when its picked up. Right now, it lasts for 30 seconds from when it spawns.
10. Starting weapon should be optional or set to rocket launcher and not machine gun.
11. Make "Round Draw" a server option.
12. Allow "Team Follow" on being frozen.