+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Super new to Quake, any bad habits I should NOT be getting into?

Senior Member thewookster is on a distinguished road thewookster's Avatar
    Nice guide lolzy

I was a newbie a few years ago. And in reality I still am one.

I get my back side whipped on many occasions. But the best thing to do it just grin and bear it. Tell your opponent well played or gg and learn from your mistakes and just keep on practising.

But there will be times when a player is just too good, and your mistakes wouldn't have made a difference if you made them or not. When this happens there is nothing you can do but to lick your wounds, and crack open a cold one

But the most important thing in my mind is to enjoy the game, and to keep playing it. You will improve, but as with everything it will just take time.
    Youíre not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
    I swear to drunk Iím not god.

Senior Member SHAKEANDBAKE has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookster View Post
    Nice guide lolzy

I was a newbie a few years ago. And in reality I still am one.

I get my back side whipped on many occasions. But the best thing to do it just grin and bear it. Tell your opponent well played or gg and learn from your mistakes and just keep on practising.

But there will be times when a player is just too good, and your mistakes wouldn't have made a difference if you made them or not. When this happens there is nothing you can do but to lick your wounds, and crack open a cold one

But the most important thing in my mind is to enjoy the game, and to keep playing it. You will improve, but as with everything it will just take time.
    I think you mean "Gin and bare it!)

Senior Member Drill_Sarge is on a distinguished road Drill_Sarge's Avatar
    1. don't join balanced team games until another dude is there to join enemy team too
    2. don't quit mid-game or quit when things don't go well

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Drill_Sarge View Post
    1. don't join balanced team games until another dude is there to join enemy team too
    2. don't quit mid-game or quit when things don't go well
    3. Switch / spec when someone rages to balance teams.

If you do this you are the best.

*Earthsea
    1. Do your best not to leave games.
    2. Do your best not to rage.
    3. Do your best to be a good sport and learn from your mistakes and from others.

*ktm
    You coud record the game in what you are in. This is the way to do it.
    /record *demoname*
    That is an example, you can record real matches, practice matches and stuff like that. Same goes for defrag maps. (Defrag means tricks and he is a example movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wqODfD7Y8g)
    So if you want to see your demo when finished, open console and type: /demo *demoname*
    If you want to want to have to see your demo but you forgot the name of it, go and download QuakeLive Demo Tools. Try this site to download it http://games.softpedia.com/get/Tools...mo-Tools.shtml
    Or just look it up...........:/
    But if you want to upload to Youtube.com download Wolfcam. http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthread.php?2685
    Download it from there and then find your demo, upload, and get.... um, view? I guess......
    If you stopped reading, then no learning how to use demo.

Member nazinator is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, don't ragequit.....

Senior Member lowle is an unknown quantity at this point
    dont start cheating. hahaha. just joking. dont start playing. go play tetris or roleplay games. maybe you are good at that.
    www.esreality.com
    COOL things: skill, will, focus, coordination, strategy, tactics, brain, speed
    not COOL things: Cheats, Cheaters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XImbv...eature=related

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lowle View Post
    dont start cheating. hahaha. just joking. dont start playing. go play tetris or roleplay games. maybe you are good at that.
    /ignore lowle is one of best and powerful cvars on game..use it when you need!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Member Cranky_Gamer is on a distinguished road
    I know some of this has already been said, but what the hell:

Bind each weapon to its own key or mouse button that's in easy reach. Trying to scroll through them all with the mouse wheel or using the 1-9 keys is too slow and cumbersome for this style of game.

In game do a single, comfortable swipe motion with your mouse. Alter the in game mouse sensitivity until that swipe equals 180 degrees. It doesn't have to be perfect but you want it in the ballpark. As you get more familiar with the game you'll probably end up tweaking the sensitivity quite a bit until you find something that really suits you, but I think doing this is a good starting point.

As for jump, bind it to any key that you're comfortable with but keep in mind you'll be using it a lot due to all the strafe jumping. I personally have it on mouse2.

Some people may tell you that certain game modes are better than others to start with, and there is truth in this, but I would recommend just play whatever you enjoy.
    Last edited by Cranky_Gamer; 05-09-2012 at 04:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread