Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Aug 27 - 29 DevPick Servers: FreezeTag Weekend!

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by choperlizer View Post
    So when will this start exactly? Its already 27.8. 8pm here...
    Servers are online now!

*error
    \o/
    thank you id!

*fweak
    Can someone explain how FT works exactly.. it seems like a mix between CA and TDM to me

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fweak View Post
    Can someone explain how FT works exactly.. it seems like a mix between CA and TDM to me
    Yes, I'd say it's like a cross between CA and TDM too. If you think about how fragging someone "takes them out until the end of the round" in CA, that's basically what being frozen means. The TDM aspect is that if a teammate stands by you for 3 seconds (which then thaws you) then you respawn with a basic weapons (which I *believe* are sg, pg, mg, gaunt...I'm not sure though, because I only play instaFT in private servers)

Now, as for how FT works, this might be a bit harder for me to explain, due to me only playing in instaFT in the private servers (due to me being a standard user) for Freezetag, what you want to have, no matter what, is good teamwork. If you are a frozen player, talk to your team. Don't just sit there and give the cold shoulder (haha pun) to your teammates. Let them know where you are, how many are guarding you, and maybe an hp status on the enemies that you know of.

As for guarding an enemy, you always want to make sure that if you can do so, get at least one guy to directly guard the enemy, and either a second player to directly guard the frozen enemy, or to cover the enemy with rail. The second player could also go hunting for weapons/armor to take from the enemy, so that the enemy can't get those weapons/powerups, or to bring the weapons to the teammate directly guarding the frozen enemy.

Calling out things and communication are essential in Freezetag. If you freeze someone and have time to callout where they were frozen, then you can possibly get some backup to guard the frozen enemy. It's nice when I"m playing instaFT for my team to say exactly where they have frozen the enemy, because unless they are using their taunt to attract attention/drown out enemy noises (please don't be one of those people haha) then it might be hard to find out where the enemies have been frozen, and you can't guard them when you can't find them.

I'm getting hungry and a little off-topic, so I'm going to end my post with the above, and add more when needed
    Last edited by pikaluva13; 08-27-2010 at 11:57 AM.

*Icey_Pain
    Quote Originally Posted by fweak View Post
    Instead of killing a person when they get below 0 hitpoints, you freeze them. Your objective is to get the entire enemy team frozen up.
    However, when a teammate stands close to you, it will take him 3 seconds to thaw you, which means you can respawn without ending the round.

Senior Member regurge is on a distinguished road regurge's Avatar
    so much fun, i hope the paypal function will come soon

Member Griff0 is on a distinguished road
    mabey i was just unluky but im sure i wasnt that stupid when i first played FT! first off everyone kept voting maps like beyond reality and bloodrun when it was 6v6 then when we finaly got them to pick a map of a reasonable size it seemed only 2 people actually got the idea of the game! i fear this will put more people off FT than it will encorage them to play. FT is a great game mode but mabey i was deluded to ever think it would be suitable for casual players what a shame. I still wholeheartedly hope people have fun with it but i think i will stick to playing it with friends.
    Ale + QL Forums = WIN

Junior Member CaiFan is on a distinguished road
    Well done man!

Junior Member choperlizer is on a distinguished road choperlizer's Avatar
    Im guessing they are all full, because i don't see any FT or iFT servers.

Junior Member Rrazer is on a distinguished road
    Yeessss instafreeze online now!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread