+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DevPick: Apr 20-23: Sync CTF

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar

DevPick: Apr 20-23: Sync CTF

DevPick Sync CTF is a little weapon balance remix I made that encourages situational weapon usage, rewards players' projectile aim, and gives a little bit of a needed punch to some of the lesser used weapons in your arsenal.

Rockets now do more damage direct at the cost of a reduced velocity and splash range, shotguns do incredible close range damage but quickly lose firepower over distance, the plasmagun (my favorite weapon to use) has an increased knockback so that you can use it while on defense to really push back invading enemies, grenades shoot a tad further, and the machine gun and nailgun has a slight damage increase.

While this remix may not have the immediate zany appeal to it as some of our previous DevPicks, it can be incredibly rewarding when you practice proper weapon usage, such as pushing back enemies and then knowing when to whip out that shotgun if they do break through.

Top it all off with free play on two of my premium arenas, Reflux and Stonekeep, I hope you all have some fun.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    liked it a lot. Sadly it's obvious that weapon balance won't appeal Q3 nor QL players.

Member MechaRex4000 is on a distinguished road MechaRex4000's Avatar
    I'm trying to play some ca but there is only 4 none premium servers. Are all these premium servers now free for everyone or have I encountered a bug?

Senior Member ShaZe is on a distinguished road ShaZe's Avatar
    Im fine with most changes. However, even tough I like the idea of a slower rocket launcher, the fact that it arrive extremely late when pretty much everybody mastered perfect rocket prediction over great distance is not really awesome. Also, making them slower might just make it slighty less useful against other >mid range weapons. Especially when a fraction of seconds can make a lots of difference.
    Last edited by ShaZe; 04-21-2012 at 12:18 AM.

*RumTzais
    even more slow? ***

Senior Member insect is on a distinguished road insect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    While this remix may not have the immediate zany appeal to it as some of our previous DevPicks, it can be incredibly rewarding when you practice proper weapon usage
    How to run a devpick in practice? Also Devpicks are run only for a few days, so they are gone before anyone adapts to the changes and becomes good in it.

I'd prefer the exact values (knowing QL's defaults) than to guess for example
    "incredible close range damage" - is it 100? 150? 200? etc.

*Exelone
    Quote Originally Posted by insect View Post
    How to run a devpick in practice?
    Turn a few knobs on your q3 server... :S

Devpicks are just a smoke-n-mirror attempt to provide the illusion of active development.

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exelone View Post
    Turn a few knobs on your q3 server... :S

Devpicks are just a smoke-n-mirror attempt to provide the illusion of active development.
    just ignore nub like him....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Senior Member INCubus is on a distinguished road INCubus's Avatar
    This brought back some q2 memories, was a nice, fun, change of pace. I chuckled at the beefed up plasma for a "sync" mod. Who would of guessed! =p

Junior Member DeltaPi is on a distinguished road
    Nice NG and SG but would have been better if LG RG had been reduced to push people to choose other weapons . Still lots of players only using LG with RG and dominating play. Not bad and nice to see others playing on some good maps. Even though only one of them had NG on it.

+ Reply to Thread