+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DevPick: Apr 13-16: TDM Mod

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I played it. We shuffled but still the result wasn't pretty. Pretty much demonstrates what Mr Ed was saying..

Here's the game:

http://www.filedropper.com/tdm-lorfa...0120414-091725

Member Cranky_Gamer is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by flamewind234 View Post
    TEAM DEATHMATCH

So it's like CA and TDM together?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTviGm22big

I was thinking the same myself. I've only had one game but seems good for a laugh. Still not sure about the regenerating health though, slows the game down a bit because when you're low you've got to run away and hide, instead of getting out there and grabbing some health bubbles.

Junior Member JimmyPQ is on a distinguished road
    I think this plays really well for public, it'd be a good addition to keep quake fun outside of competitive play.

Junior Member afouibhlun is on a distinguished road
    I thought it was fun. Thanks.

Senior Member JustLOL is on a distinguished road JustLOL's Avatar
    I like it, much more fun than CA (for me, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    So no friendly fire is helpful with the noobs running around, but it feels more like endless CA.
    lol, just had one from my team chasing me around the map and trying to kill me with every weapon he had..

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    Plus I noticed people switching teams mid-game to go from 4v4 to 5v3. I know these are unranked, but why aren't even teams enforced?

I played about a half a game and got tired of switching teams to even things out, so dropped. I still think dev picks should be tiered somehow, else we're just running around shooting target practice. It's not much fun when 2 or 3 guys can dominate the game with half the other guys yelling "hax!" or just standing around.
    Didn't have team-switchers here, but had quitters to unbalance the teams... can't play for half a minute without someone crying "teaams" because someone ragequitted.. (probably because of my railwhoring).
    "Men no longer prefer blondes; today, gentlemen seem to prefer gentlemen."

Junior Member negke is on a distinguished road
    Good fun. But, indeed, friendly fire should have been enabled to make it more TDM-like. Edit: And players spawn with less LG ammo.
    Last edited by negke; 04-15-2012 at 03:21 PM.

*PernanMaistaja
    yeah, it's fun. More emphasis on powerups and armors (but only a little on armors) than regular tdm.
    But perhaps better with dropquad and friendly fire set?
    Quad carriers go down so much more easily because of all the stack(esp. rails) available, so dropquad would make things much more dynamic.

*ftwJJ
    I'm playing it since yesterday, and in my opinion it is the best fun mod in QL. I think it should be included in default nonranked game type. I mean not like an weekend event but for good. It is fast, dynamic, frags come non stop. BEST for non PRO players who are looking only to shoot and entertain themselves like me.

AWESOME!

Junior Member przechuj0 is on a distinguished road
    Great for just fun. My vote: keep it and add quaddrop

Junior Member DrDeathaswp is an unknown quantity at this point DrDeathaswp's Avatar
    F1 played a few games last night and had a ton of fun very cool mod for sure Great Job ID. Could be a whole new game type for sure. The regen health was a great change and liked how it worked. Gave you a chance to regroup yourself when near dead and made me chase people that were near dead to finish them off. Could use a bit more ammo perhaps where the normal weapon spawns were put ammo spawns there and would be perfect. Liked the no team kill since noobs on my team were shooting at me half the game VERY FUN STUFF ID GREAT JOB GUYS!!

+ Reply to Thread