Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Dropped due to inactivity" WHILE WAITING FOR ROUND TO END. You've got to be kidding

*quitthennohonor
    IT just happened again. Waiting for a round to end, and boom thrown off with the message (AFTER I was dropped) "dropped due to inactivity." I'm so glad we're listened to in this forum. The words "round draw" appeared on the screen and boom, I was thrown off for inactivity. Stupid as hell. FIX IT GENIUSES! Clearly what these einsteins have done is set the countdown to removal for inactivity to such a short duration that if you die early in a round, AND if the round goes long, usually this happens when a round goes to a round draw, if you didn't move your mouse (I guess) while you were waiting for the round to end, the stupid programming throws you off in certain instances. No warning, no nothing. Just thrown. The "removal for inactivity" should not even be operative and counting down when you're waiting for a round to end. Removal for inactivity should only countdown when a player is inactive DURING A ROUND and if it stretches INTO the time period waiting for the round to end. There HAVE been instances where I've been surprised to see a countdown and white words on the screen that say "___ to inactivity removal" or something like that, but this doesn't always appear. Today I was thrown without warning, a second after "round draw" appeared on the screen. Clearly the programming starts counting down to remove you if you're inactive while waiting for a round to end. Most rounds don't stretch long enough for this to be an issue, but many of us can tell you from experience that sometimes this DOES happen.
    Last edited by quitthennohonor; 06-23-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Junior Member RareBreed is an unknown quantity at this point RareBreed's Avatar
    Interesting, this has happened to me albeit only once. So it's definitely a bug. Rather than trash talk the devs something more useful like providing a demo would be more productive, however. I'll try to catch it in the event it occurs again.

Junior Member RoamingGnome is on a distinguished road
    Happened to me this evening during a CA match. Got fragged early in the match and it went to a draw. Right after "Round Draw" prompted I was dropped due to inactivity. Score was 9-9 when I was dropped. I reconnected and my spot was already taken. Should be fairly easy to reproduce for a competent QA team.......

Junior Member qsold is on a distinguished road qsold's Avatar
    I had noticed this a month a couple months ago but it was a long round. Now I've been kicked a few times on a much shorter time frame and I'm not sure why. The most recent occurrence was about 60 seconds give or take. And I was watching teammates during the time (clicking mouse) which is about as "active" as one can be while dead.

I've attempted to change g_inactivity (which it does in console) but doesn't do anything. Is there another setting?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    There is no settings, it is server controlled.

Timeout is 180 seconds (3 minutes) on public servers.

Unless you are locked due to lag, then it is 40 seconds I believe.

Shouldn't happen when you are dead in CA though, sounds like a bug.

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    Probably that happened on custom spawned server. Once when creating server, I used "Inactivity Kick Length" (newly introduced CVAR I believe) timer to 30 seconds or something. I thought it would kick only inactive people, but it kicked dead and spectators almost every round. Immediately disabled it

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar
    Fixed for the next release.

Closed Thread