Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Dropped due to inactivity" WHILE WAITING FOR ROUND TO END. You've got to be kidding

Hybrid View

*quitthennohonor

Angry "Dropped due to inactivity" WHILE WAITING FOR ROUND TO END. You've got to be kidding

Just what "activity" was I supposed to be doing? I was waiting for the round to end. It said "round draw" and before I could do anything, and without warning, it said "dropped due to inactivity." Really stupid. Fix it already.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    It should happen when you are alive and not providing any input such as moving, chatting, etc. Simply being inactive... So try to avoid that. Now if you tell me you weren't alive, there's a problem. But otherwise I'd recommend you to move out of your camping hole and attack rather than wait long minutes and bore everyone to death for a round to end.

*quitthennohonor
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    It should happen when you are alive and not providing any input such as moving, chatting, etc. Simply being inactive... So try to avoid that. Now if you tell me you weren't alive, there's a problem. But otherwise I'd recommend you to move out of your camping hole and attack rather than wait long minutes and bore everyone to death for a round to end.
    I thought I was clear that I was NOT alive (hence the reason I said I was "waiting for the round to end"). The fact that several posters thought I was camping just makes me do a facepalm at the horrible state of reading comprehension in this country.

*Cubicar
    I had the same problem while i was waiting for the round to end. Ive been dropped in CA match after the final frag in the match and just before showing the results.

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    ha. hiding campers get the boot. i shall cry tears of joy.

*Cubicar
    Quote Originally Posted by iSuckz View Post
    ha. hiding campers get the boot. i shall cry tears of joy.
    I think i must clarify something - i was dead and was spectating the match (Clan Arena match).

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    bug? maybe your connection didnt get flagged "dead".

FYI Just what "activity" was I supposed to be doing? I was waiting for the round to end. It said "round draw" and before I could do anything, and without warning, it said "dropped due to inactivity." Really stupid. Fix it already.

there is nothing there to suggest you were dead.

*Cubicar
    Yep, it is a bug, IMHO. Seems to me, its not difficult for developers to block dropping a player due to inactivity if that player spectate the match and participate in it at the same time.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    if you dont move the mouse and you are not spec to a player (idle) of course its going to remove you. People spec for 2 or 3 rounds, quite annoying
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

*Cubicar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    if you dont move the mouse and you are not spec to a player (idle) of course its going to remove you. People spec for 2 or 3 rounds, quite annoying
    I said, i was participating in that match. I was waiting for the round to end because i was dead. I spectated to a player if my memory serves me.
    Last edited by Cubicar; 04-09-2012 at 02:53 AM.

Closed Thread