+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: why is this game so awful

*hamcake

why is this game so awful

every game is a horrible experience; stacked teams, *******s, teamkillers, rng spawning

can someone explain how to have fun in this game? I can't see it happening. are you all masochists?

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    a person who whines isn't having fun.

Senior Member stownr will become famous soon enough stownr's Avatar
    Perhaps you should play clan arena, it's a bit more mellow. Also if you just started playing this game, it will eventually place you in the correct skill tier. right now all the new players are thrown into tier3 until it can sort out your skill level (about 20 games i think it is now)

Some people here have played quake for over 10 years, it's not an easy game to learn, but is VERY rewarding once you do.
    Read the sticky threads in the Getting Started forum, they can be very helpful.

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    sadists.

when you suffer for 6 months of atrocious butthurt and then a newb join .. and you nuke him. tha is fun.

*DrewPWiener
    Either stop being a Negative Nancy or stick with FFA where you cannot blame teammates for problems. They are public servers with people you do not practice with, so the experience is never going to be as perfect as a well trained team. If you lower your expectations, I am sure you will have fun.

Senior Member JustLOL is on a distinguished road JustLOL's Avatar
    You're right about some points, stacking is definitely trendy in CTF these days, but it's not like there are just one or two servers.. if you don't like teams in one game, find another one, not every server is filled with quake veterans and/or a-holes.

Also, if you're new to quake, you'll be cannon fodder in pretty much every game you join, that's just how it is, QL isn't a game you can learn to play decently in a few days. But just keep playing, always try to find a game where you can have fun (can't really play to win when you just started), and soon, you'll improve a lot, enough that things you mentioned won't bother you that much.

And try the other game modes, too, each one feels like a totally different game. iCTF is good for beginners, imo.. friendlier atmosphere, stacking is almost nonexistent (there are bad shuffles occasionally, ofc), it's unranked, people will always try to balance the teams, and besides me, there are not too many stat*****s. It might also be the best environment for beginners to learn things due to a slightly slower pace compared to some other modes, and fragging not being the main focus of the game.

*hamcake
    how do I improve if the majority of my deaths are due to things beyond my control? how do I outplay spawning beside 3 enemies?

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamcake View Post
    how do I improve if the majority of my deaths are due to things beyond my control? how do I outplay spawning beside 3 enemies?
    Practice quick exit strategies. It won't always work, that's the game. You're going to do the same thing when you're in control. It's about doing it better, hence dying less out of control, frag more when in control and getting control faster. It's slightly different depending on the mode you play.

and focus on the things you CAN control. Control them better! Make others suffer from things THEY cannot control.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Member railthru is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by stownr View Post
    right now all the new players are thrown into tier3 until it can sort out your skill level
    That's the root of the problem right there I suspect. Why are new players thrown in with average experienced players? ...and what the heck goes on in tiers 1 & 2?

*hamcake
    Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    and getting control faster.
    this is pretty much 90% random I'm not sure what you expect me to do

+ Reply to Thread