+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Movement issue

*Erewhondas

Movement issue

OK, I used to play the original Quake back when it wasn't online, and found the QL site a while back. What stopped me getting past the training sessions (to hone up my rusty control fingers!) was the fact that I can only move fwd, back, left & right - I can't turn my player on the spot, or many of the subleties I used to get with Quake original...

Is this just a factor of the training sessions? Or do I have something configured wrong somewhere...?

I also assume that the second training room needs a rocket jump up the high wall to continue, but can't find a kbd shortcut to look down...!

Either I'm being blind or stupid (I am getting on a bit...!).

Suggestions??

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    It's still possible to aim with keyboard in QL, but really - don't do it. Use your mouse. There's a very good reason we've used +mlook in Quake and why it's all not even bound by default in QL.

Unless your question is about movement scripts that do instant 180 turn or look at feet - those were blocked on purpose, to promote actual skill.

*Erewhondas
    Hmmm...
    Mouse movement didn't seem to make a difference at all either - will try again later.

And no - it's not about shortcuts to quick turns etc.

Senior Member ShaZe is on a distinguished road ShaZe's Avatar
    I remember that I used to fight against some Keyboard players in Insta 1v1 matches and was always surprised how fast they could aim with only a keyboard o.O

Oh well :P

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I believe that by default, the arrow keys look left and right, up and down. However they only move at a certain speed, and this speed cannot be changed as the cvars for it were locked a long time ago.

It may even be physically impossible to complete the training with the keyboard alone now.

If your mouse doesn't work, see the Mouse Fix thread here:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-The-Mouse-Fix

*Erewhondas
    AHA!
    That's the ticket - using the mouse fix I now have control!

Thanks for the pointer.

+ Reply to Thread