+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bullet registration

*TeglaHead

Bullet registration

Ok here is the problem. When i shoot someone, it usually takes like 3/4 direct hits with a rocket launcher to make him die. Or when i'm in a shotgun vs mahine gun battle, with full health and 50 armor, i don't miss a single shot and he kills me first with the mg -.-
    How is that possible?

Is there any net commands to improve hit registration?
    I use cl_maxpackets 125, cl_packetdup 1, rate 25000. It's not about the ping either. It happens on normal ping servers as well (30-40 ping) :/

I know that ql has the same engine as cod2 which i played before, and there i used maxpackets 100 and packetdup 0 and it inproved my registry a LOT. Is there any way to do the same here? Maybe try some other guys config?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by TeglaHead; 03-27-2012 at 04:25 AM.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TeglaHead View Post
    How is that possible?
    Accuracy.

Every single click of the machine gun produces just one round that hits or misses. It has no splash effect, each round that hits is always 5 damage. It lets you fire a shot every 100ms.
    so 50 damage per second (50dps) max

A lot of players can hit with around 35-40% accuracy with the MG even if you are dodging wildly , so that is 20 damage every second, so they will kill you in roughly 6 seconds of fire (or less) if you have just spawned at 125h, no armour.
    Every time they miss they can re-adjust and fire again almost instantly with it's 100ms reload.

The shotgun does 100 dps max, but even good players won't hit more than around 25-30% accuracy due to the spread, a lot of the time you can end up with only 1 pellet hit, iirc it is 20 pellets of 5 damage per pellet.
    With it's 1000ms reload speed that can mean worst case scenario you only end up doing 30 damage in 6 shots, for those same 6 seconds.

With the RL a hit has a splash effect, only a direct hit does 100 damage, if the splash only just grazes them it can do as low as 1, and splash can only do a max of 84. With an 800ms reload speed, again, if your splash is only just clipping people, that can mean you are doing a very small amount of damage in 6 seconds.

Of course if you are not playing duel, then you can also be shot at by other people in that same period, and the opponent you are trying to kill may have lots of extra health and armour as well.

*TeglaHead
    Thanks for the reply, but i don't think that is the case with RL. I tested it on a afk guy once (shame on me i know xD), and it took 3 direct hits to kill him :/

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Spawner in warmup spawns with 125 health and 100 armor. You need 3 rockets to kill him, that's normal.

You'd need to be VERY lucky to hit the splash bug twice in a row + hit first rocket when spawn protection is still on (he'd survive this with 3 health left). That's why on this forum, we say to such claim: demo or it didn't happen! :)

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    Spawner in warmup spawns with 125 health and 100 armor.
    More if its clan arena (CA)

*Raeven
    In your example it sounds like you were quite far away with the shotgun. Beyond a certain point, the mg is flatout better in dealing damage than the shotgun.

+ Reply to Thread