+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disable lightning of lg

*Pier4R

Disable lightning of lg

Can i disable the lightning of lg? I have, almost, disabled the rail with railsegmentwidth, and other cvars, can i disable the lightning int he same manner?

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    you cannot disable it but you can make the shaft very thin by using the gunx / guny / gunz cvars

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pier4R View Post
    I have, almost, disabled the rail with railsegmentwidth, and other cvars,
    /cg_railtrailtime 0
    "A few cvars" ;p

Unfortunately the LG beam can't be disabled. Which kinda sucks, it's so much easier to aim with these lasers out of the way.

*Pier4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    /cg_railtrailtime 0
    "A few cvars" ;p

Unfortunately the LG beam can't be disabled. Which kinda sucks, it's so much easier to aim with these lasers out of the way.
    point (and i get 10 chars right now)

*Kavlo
    I can understand why you want your lightning not to appear but the railgun shot is not anoying. In fact, it can even help you to know where your opponent is.

I think you already tried but there about 4 types of shaft effect in option. I personaly use the small one but the one called "PRO" can be good.

Senior Member belka_ is on a distinguished road belka_'s Avatar
    lol, people want to disable shaft beam, while i want a shaft beam for MG
    PLAY MORE belka_ STYLE

*kadle
    I suggest you use lightning style 5. It's a transparent beam. Just play with it until you get used to it.

*Pier4R
    I use wide beam (transparent one) with cg_gunZ -25 (IIRC), so the beam is as tiny as possible (and it's stable, not fashion beam).

I come from enemy territory where we used smg without beams, i don't like them. Without beams i feel railgun better, and so the lg.

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    is there a console command to have gunZ only affect LG ? i tried the weapon options but they are horrid; they induce lag as the cfg is re-written every time you switch weapons (srsly ppl?), they affect all weapons even though they should be weapon-specific (zoomFOV, gunZ etc .. are buggy). they suck.

*Raeven
    Your best bet is to customize your gunz on the weapon bind level, I think. =\

+ Reply to Thread