+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tips for the newbies ;)

Junior Member nukeleer6 is on a distinguished road
    Tips for the Pros:

- Don't be a ****. If you clearly outskill someone, use a weapon you are less familiar with, or gauntlet.
    - Stop telling people to **** off because they are less skilled. They are learning, and are unlikely to give up their slot for an ******.
    - If you have been playing this game since 1996, **** off to Tier 4 Premium where you belong, and stop joining public games full o' noobs to 'pwn'.

iSuckz - Clearly, there's only a few games going at that point in time. Many of us get sick of wandering around an empty map waiting for people to join, often you have one or two join and **** around in warmup, they quit and someone else joins and ****s around, etc etc.
    So instead, we join the higher tiers to have a go. SO if you haven't seen us before, and we are lower tier - see point 1. Put the RL away and give your opposition half a chance, brush up on your machinegun skills, use shotgun, whatever. It's clearly no fun for you to run around murdering everyone, it's no fun for the other team either.

As far as the 'under 5k frags whingers'... There are definately two types of quake player.
    The casual gamer, like me, who plays for fun on a weekend or in a few minutes of spare time.
    And the 'typical gamer' who's spent much of the last *16 YEARS* playing this game.

Consider which category you are in before you whinge about noobs. You are the loser who has spent literally a lifetime playing quake.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 03-23-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: language

Senior Member stownr will become famous soon enough stownr's Avatar
    LOL Lolzy! great vid

Senior Member s0laris is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nukeleer6 View Post
    Consider which category you are in before you whinge about noobs. You are the loser who has spent literally a lifetime playing quake.
    A bit harsh, dont you think? Doing something you enjoy wont make you a loser.
    There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt. - Librarian

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    or, practicing something for 15 years until you develop muscle memory is *definitively* time well spent.

why would you chose quake over say, medicine, or playing the violin .. that's debatable.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iSuckz View Post
    why would you chose quake over say, medicine, or playing the violin .. that's debatable.
    The money, lol, the money...
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member miSc is on a distinguished road miSc's Avatar
    Again... this was never about skills. There are plenty of threads about skills, I wanted to adress "behavior".
    Why I named it "newbies", was to adress those who are NEW to the game or online gaming in general. I don't naturally exspect veterans to act mature either, I've seen adults act like kids way too many times.
    The overall point is to be aware of how you act / interact, and what consequences it can have.

Example: I meet you on the street, and I really need to borrow your phone for an emergency.

1. Hey! give me your ****** phone RIGHT NOW you ******!!!! (and grabs it out of your hands).

2. Hey, can I PLEASE borrow your phone, Its an emergency!

Ok, regardless of it being an emergency or not. There is a clear difference of how you approach a person and how they react to it.

As I said... Just think about what you say, and how you act.

And for the record. I've played quake since q2 was released, and I never AIMED to be the best in competition. I just wanted to play and have fun, and I want others to have fun aswell.
    >>>> SIGN THE PETITION <<<< - WE WANT THE ORIGINAL VO ANNOUNCER BACK!
    "Wisdom begins in Wonder" - Socrates (470-399 BCE)

+ Reply to Thread