+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tips for the newbies ;)

Member miSc is on a distinguished road miSc's Avatar

Thumbs up Tips for the newbies ;)

Short list of WHAT NOT TO DO:
    *Obviously... These "tips" are usually common sense to others, but since close 90 % don't seem to get it. Here it is.

1. Don't join an even game, without a someone to join with you. (meaning, Ask other spectators to join with you) Otherwise YOU create inbalance. /warmup is a different story.

2. Please don't sit in spectator for multiple games in a row, and just talk ****. Get's old really fast.

3. Quit whining. Please don't whine about campers, hackers, cheaters, and your connection. Camping is part of the gameplay, hackers and cheaters? (record demo, gather material and submit it to QL support). In other words, DO SOMETHING about it.
    And if your connection is so terrible? Don't play... Go fix it, or find a tissuebox.

4. Watch your language. Alot of kids are playing this game, and your *****ing and moaning consealed in various use of profanity is not appriciated.

5. Show respect. That simple, treat others as you want to be treated.

Overall, think about how you present yourself. Your characteristics constitute who you are as a person / player inside the game. Your level of maturity, show of respect and understanding. In the end, that is what gets you far in life.

NOBODY likes a constant *****ing, moaning, crying, whining, immature, halfwit.

Stick to those rules above, and I promise you it wont take long before you realize the benefits. Being treated with respect, greeted by others, invited to private fun games, and learning skills, tricks, and other things from better players.

Be smart, but don't forget to have fun.

Happy fraggin!

-m!Sc
    "Wisdom begins in Wonder" - Socrates (470-399 BCE)

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    i could not agree more.
    i post because i see too much disrespect, especially from noobs - people who play in the afternoon, who have less than 5k frags, who i have never seen before.(T3). late at night, i get good games.

Senior Member s0laris is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mlSc View Post
    Short list of WHAT NOT TO DO:
    *Obviously... These "tips" are usually common sense to others, but since close 90 % don't seem to get it. Here it is.

1. Don't join an even game, without a someone to join with you. (meaning, Ask other spectators to join with you) Otherwise YOU create inbalance. /warmup is a different story.

2. Please don't sit in spectator for multiple games in a row, and just talk ****. Get's old really fast.

3. Quit whining. Please don't whine about campers, hackers, cheaters, and your connection. Camping is part of the gameplay, hackers and cheaters? (record demo, gather material and submit it to QL support). In other words, DO SOMETHING about it.
    And if your connection is so terrible? Don't play... Go fix it, or find a tissuebox.

4. Watch your language. Alot of kids are playing this game, and your *****ing and moaning consealed in various use of profanity is not appriciated.

5. Show respect. That simple, treat others as you want to be treated.

Overall, think about how you present yourself. Your characteristics constitute who you are as a person / player inside the game. Your level of maturity, show of respect and understanding. In the end, that is what gets you far in life.

NOBODY likes a constant *****ing, moaning, crying, whining, immature, halfwit.

Stick to those rules above, and I promise you it wont take long before you realize the benefits. Being treated with respect, greeted by others, invited to private fun games, and learning skills, tricks, and other things from better players.

Be smart, but don't forget to have fun.

Happy fraggin!

-m!Sc
    1: check
    2: T3 folks, especially what ive seen in CA so far are really talkative, we just sit back sometimes and chat while we wait for the end of the round or wait for a new player for even join. Can tell you, a lot of T3 CA players dont wanna get into T4, because T4 is said to be really rude when it comes to social aspect.
    3: I reserve the right to yell at my own teammates when they camp the whole round, everyone else in the team gets obliterated, then the poor camper is complaining about bad team or "noob" 1v4.
    4: I usually never swear. But the nature of the game is just like that, you have to accept that foul language will be used sometimes. However, what i experienced here so far is by far better than what ive seen in most other games (at least when i play, at night, most ppl are mature).
    5: Check.

iSuckz, you should join the hectic 8v8 CA at night sometimes more to get involved into some serious trashtalking Its helluva funny, especially since ppl are throwing insults last heard in elementary school at eachother. Oh, btw im not always as bad as youve seen me last time lol: http://www.quakelive.com/r/profile/m...59031fd90/ca/1 <<-- That was a good run, tho im up for more than 40 hours by now, no clue how i did that lol, no clue how i did that much damage with just rail and LG.

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    trust me i'v been there. i have a *few* games 8v8 where i end up top score/most dmg/best acc but it's just not my thing - 8v8 is not a way to become a good T4 player.

i agree with T4 being full of ********s (i'm sure the forum will censor that), because while i can tolerate trash talk from someone who like me is a QL noob, i find it ****ing offensive (again ..) from someone who has been playing Quake / CA for 15 years and complains about me being a "noob".
    when QL puts me in T4.
    when i play in games where people have a 90% rail hit average against me.

also, sometimes i too find myself into "the zone", i wish i was always like that but then i zone out and become a noob again.

honestly, IDC, i'm pretty good for who i am, i can't pretend i'v been playing this game since 1998 because that just makes me look like a fool.

it is true however that there are many T3/borderline T4 new players that are gifted, but are total ****heads (and again .. i'd be happy if i dont get a ban here. too many Budweisers[they were on discount at Sainsbury, 20 for 13]).

i think they feel trashtalk is part of the game, but they take it too far - they make it the biggest part of the game; and wind up quitting when trash talk alone doesn't win the game for them.

NEXT POST - 666 POST COUNT !!

Senior Member s0laris is on a distinguished road
    I prefer 4v4 CA when im in good form, but i noticed something nice in 8v8. I started to dodge a helluva lot better. In the last few days i had quiet a few occasions when i found myself in 1v2 or 1v3 situations where i managed to grab 1-2 kills with LG and evade the rest of my foes. But it gets annoyingg sometimes, especially when some braindamaged folks vote arena gate, eviscerated or heart while we have a 8v8 lineup.

Ohh, cheers. I got 4 beers here too

Member miSc is on a distinguished road miSc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s0laris View Post
    1: check
    2: T3 folks, especially what ive seen in CA so far are really talkative, we just sit back sometimes and chat while we wait for the end of the round or wait for a new player for even join. Can tell you, a lot of T3 CA players dont wanna get into T4, because T4 is said to be really rude when it comes to social aspect.
    3: I reserve the right to yell at my own teammates when they camp the whole round, everyone else in the team gets obliterated, then the poor camper is complaining about bad team or "noob" 1v4.
    4: I usually never swear. But the nature of the game is just like that, you have to accept that foul language will be used sometimes. However, what i experienced here so far is by far better than what ive seen in most other games (at least when i play, at night, most ppl are mature).
    5: Check.

iSuckz, you should join the hectic 8v8 CA at night sometimes more to get involved into some serious trashtalking Its helluva funny, especially since ppl are throwing insults last heard in elementary school at eachother. Oh, btw im not always as bad as youve seen me last time lol: http://www.quakelive.com/r/profile/m...59031fd90/ca/1 <<-- That was a good run, tho im up for more than 40 hours by now, no clue how i did that lol, no clue how i did that much damage with just rail and LG.
    Yes I know trashtalking is part of the game, and yes you reserve the right to yell at fellow teammates.
    All Im saying is, those who get overboard... tone it down.

I could have included a ton of other points, but I figured these to be the most vital.
    Most of the "tips" shared for newbies are concerning skills and training. However I think the way a person acts / behaves, is just as an important factor. Especially if they wish to receive help from others. How you approach others is key.
    Thanks for the replies.

Happy fraggin!

-m!Sc
    "Wisdom begins in Wonder" - Socrates (470-399 BCE)

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    lol'd at the swearing part where you said "a lot of kids are playing this game". Yeah, you can tell; They're the ones swearing.

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    lol'd at the swearing part where you said "a lot of kids are playing this game". Yeah, you can tell; They're the ones swearing.
    actually if i do remember from last thread(pretty old now) how old are you poll most of players were 18-some age,probably 30.....but now i have a felling that players are younger because of way they write and discuss...still +1 with thread,that is basic rules of behave on ql!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

*DrewPWiener
    Good list. I would also suggest asking questions when it is appropriate. You can always ask somebody to help. I suggest either when the game is slow, between matches (for CA), or at the end of a game. People usually do not drop what they are doing in the middle of a match, but a player who wants to help usually will after a match ends (private duel invites, etc.)

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    Well, newbs are the newbs as they were 16 yrs ago dont they.
    So a quik list of tips in QL in terms of behavior:

-Learn from better players. Ask for tips. You can even arrange training sessions with them if you ask politely enough.
    -Spec a lot the gametype you want to learn better, spec the best players on the server.
    -Leave your slot in a team game if you drag too much behind and there are spectators waiting who sometimes even ask you to go to spec because they want to jump in and play on a level you can't keep up with. It's a polite and well-mannered thing to do when you make room for others.
    -Be polite towards the better players. Remember, you might be like 16-20 years old: Compare this to them playing this game since 1996. Some of you weren't even born or capable of playing with anything other than your feces when the first Quake came out and the Great Deathmatch was born, so you're like pipsqueaks to the older QL population (like me :P) - don't take it as an insult, just pay respect when it's due.
    -Behave like civilized men. Every discussion or confrontation can be played two-way: Like a brat or like a respected gentleman. It depends on you whether you will be remembered as an ******* or well-mannered player. The first won't find any friends here or get any favors, the latter will be helped, trained with, supported and gladly invited to the private and arranged pub and/or pickup games.
    -Swear. Yes, swear. But do not insult other players. Swearing is a part of Quake culture, and clanwars, feuds and duels are a direct consequence of some stupid words said at an inappropiate time. Remember, this is like real life; someone will shrug off your insults, someone WILL call you out for a duel or even challenge your clan if youre joined one - you could get bad rep, get banned from a clan (a humilation any way you look at it) and/or get humiliated publicly like this CA loudmouth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyeSYuS380Q

AND stop calling people "hackers" and starting private crusades against better players simply because you can't comprehend what they're doing ingame and therefore you consider them to cheat. You will get laughed at and ignored or make a lot of enemies. Trust me, it
    WILL hurt your ass no matter what you think about it.

Be cool, stay in Quake school.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

+ Reply to Thread