+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Add wekit web browser compatibility such as Google Chrome

Junior Member raj7095 is on a distinguished road

Add wekit web browser compatibility such as Google Chrome

Firefox and IE8 are slow at rendering pages compared to webkit browsers such as chrome. But, if there is support for webkit browsers, then many players would be able to play quakelive at much faster speed on weaker systems such as mine.

Senior Member SmuvMoney is on a distinguished road
    I just went into a practice match through Google Chrome. It is running in the other tab while I am typing this post. I had to import my firefox settings on first startup, but otherwise I am good to go so far.

[EDIT]

I was also able to join an online game without issue as well.

[EDIT #2]

When I tried to reset my settings through the web browser, I got caught in an infinite reload/logout dialog loop. Clicking Reload will bring up the dialog again until you click Logout. Once you relogon again, your settings are reset as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by SmuvMoney; 08-27-2010 at 02:28 PM.

*nessonic
    Chrome support seems to be working, though not officially and I'm not quite sure when this occurred. Firefox closes when I leave a match (crashes every time) and I use Chrome anyways. By unofficially I mean that it still isn't listed as compatible, but if you log in on the main page it lets you do everything normally. If you get the "bigger" log in page (forget password or something) then it will not let you log in.

The only issue is my mouse overlaps the crosshair in the middle of the screen indefinitely. I'm running on a Mac, though, and I'm sure that makes a difference. When Chrome becomes officially compatible and the mouse issue remains, then I'll mention it.

Senior Member SmuvMoney is on a distinguished road
    I submitted a new thread to the Bug Report forum for the Reload/Logout issue.

I am going to try and import the settings from firefox.

nope, it doesnt work for me. BTW, I am using 64-bit ubuntu linux 10.04.1, if that matters.

+ Reply to Thread