in_logitechbug and cl_mouseacceldebug: what do they do?
I recently discovered these two options. Setting logitechbug to 1 seems to noticeably improve the consistency and accuracy of aiming for me (I have a logitech G400) and setting mouseacceldebug to 1 seems to make aiming more precise but less responsive. Anyone know what they actually do?
in_logitechbug does not exist in the codebase at all, anywhere. cl_mouseacceldebug will just write a mouse.log file to your homepath, and cause unnecessary IO while playing the game.
in_logitechbug doesn't exist in QL (unless created with seta in which case it does but will be ineffectual).
As for cl_mouseacceldebug I will just copy what I wrote here:
Debug just generates a text file with mouse info.
I am sure it has no effect on mouse movement other than placebo.
I tested it and even did an anti-placebo process:
bind pgup "cl_MouseAccelDebug 1"
bind pgdn "cl_MouseAccelDebug 0"
Then I press both buttons simultaneously a bunch of times. Then run around and try to guess which value I'm using by checking in the console.
I did 10 trials (probably 20 is ideal) and I was incorrect 8/10 times.
set cl_MouseAccelDebug 0 and in your baseq3 folder delete mouse.log to be on the safe side cause it will affect your sensitivity depending on what you have your dpi set at
..or maybe it doesn't affect sensitivity at all, like in the test I ran in the above post.
Originally Posted by DiscipIine
(also this thread is from march 2012)