+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Countering the railgun - How do I do it?

Senior Member bliss is on a distinguished road bliss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    There are people only hitting 25% in LG battles. Its easy to pwn them with close combat rails
    it's always cool when you win with a rail in close combat vs a rl or lg.

*mustang
    The rail can't be countered long range. Throw some plasma at them and run away.

Of course that's not cowardly at all.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    TC is a scrub. The weapon is there for a reason. Use it or lose.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    Tbh if I learned that the guy I'm playing against hates railgun and avoids using it, abusing long distance railshots is EXACTLY what I would do for the rest of the match. Because frankly, it would be the most efficient tactic.
    Its aweseome when you realize that enemys just shoot rockets back when you're peak railing

Edit: If it would just work to show them how to use the rocket launcher cowardly to make them use less rockets
    Last edited by malk_; 03-12-2012 at 05:20 AM.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    maybe it helps you like the railgun more if you aim less with your mouse, just hold the cursor still and aim with the movement keys.

i gave this advice to a lot of people when they first started, and it for sure helped them change their gameplay cus they were able to rail bit by bit after that.

don't forget, adjustments come in later, just practice it and you will see that its easier to use than trying to be on target with the mouse itself and missing shots do to good dodging.

let opponents walk right through your cursor this way and attain some quick shot reflexes.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    maybe it helps you like the railgun more if you aim less with your mouse, just hold the cursor still and aim with the movement keys.
    Aye, this goes for LG aswell. Generally it's called aim stabilization - you maintain proper vertical level and move the crosshair left or right popping the taget as it strays into the crosshair. The same thing, but more difficult, is to stabilize your aim vertically and wait until the target reaches the level of the crosshair (useful for tracking jump pads).
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Junior Member nas is on a distinguished road
    OP probably won't read it, but the following link would do him good.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playi...in-part-1.html

*TARDISES
    Not relevant, nas

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    It is indeed very very relevant, TARDISES.

*TARDISES
    It doesn't seem relevant whatsoever. Nothig to do with Quake Live at all.

+ Reply to Thread