+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Countering the railgun - How do I do it?

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Try some 1 on 1 CA on Thuderstruck, with one player only using RG, the other only using LG. See who wins
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    i know that quakestreme would say rail

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    Well matey there's no easy way is it.
    But OP idk why do you call dudes who use rail cowards. Just because they know the positions, know the angles AND you suck? That's a bad way to go mate. Learn RG pls. It's HARSH and PAINFUL but RG is a preferred gun next to LG in t4.
    Why?
    Because it's a hitscan precision weapon that deals a huge amount of damage and makes enemy REALLY ANGRY.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iSuckz View Post
    i know that quakestreme would say rail
    There are people only hitting 25% in LG battles. Its easy to pwn them with close combat rails
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    I was curious about it and I needed this data to present to a clan mate that is overly fascinated with the railgun, so I took this occasion to do a bit of 5th grade math.

Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    There are people only hitting 25% in LG battles. Its easy to pwn them with close combat rails :)
    Let's imagine you both wait until spawn protection fades out, then start shooting at the same time. You need 4 rails, he needs 43 LG cells. At 25% LG, he will need 8,6 seconds to kill you. In this time, you will shoot 6 times, so you need 67% railgun to combat 25% LG.

Stable 25% LG is considered bad aim, stable 67% RG is considered good aim. So it still needs slumming conditions to actually happen :)

36% LG will win if you hit 4 rails and miss 1.

48% LG is enough to kill you before you even have a chance to hit 4 rails in a row. (sounds like a fight of strenx vs k1llsen)

Railing from afar + taking cover is devastating, but in close range fight you really need to switch away from the rail :)

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Tbh, I find those close combat rails easy if the enemy is just mindlessly charging towards you. And if I hit the first two rails, I mostly go for the next two. Few things are more rewarding than killing a full CA player with 4 consecutive rails But you know me, its usually my rockets pwning your LG
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    I can only give you this piece of advice.
    If you think injustice is send upon you (like here you think railers are cowards), you should follow these steps:
    1. See whether you can turn the injustice into your own favour (owning noobs with rail yourself).
    2. If not possible, complain.

I used to hate railers/lgers and think that rocket was better. So I focussed on rocket mostly.
    My accuracies in rail and lg were like 15-20%. Then I thought, hmm, maybe I can own with lg and rail aswell.
    Now my accuracies are like 40 for rail and 20-30 for lg. And I use them a lot more, also play a lot better.

So just become a railing owner and tell your bloody mind to **** about being a coward.

*TARDISES
    @KaasMan

Why even bother posting if all you're going to suggest is what I said isn't an option?

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Because your stubbornness gives an advantage to every single opponent you meet, and people here, beside trolling, generally help others get rid of bad habits.

Tbh if I learned that the guy I'm playing against hates railgun and avoids using it, abusing long distance railshots is EXACTLY what I would do for the rest of the match. Because frankly, it would be the most efficient tactic. Prefering a particular playing style is one thing, being obsessive or just plain stupid about it is another ;p

Member kazanik is on a distinguished road
    As few guys said before me, I will also suggest you to learn how to use railgun. It can be very powerful wepon if used properly. But when I play CA e.g. and I see that my oponent is better in rail than me, what I usually do is to wait for a shot, dodge it and immediately do one fast RJ to him. In most situations it outputs just what I want - my enemy dead or escaping low on health.

+ Reply to Thread