+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: did anyone play quake 2?

Junior Member KruXtruX is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Recury View Post
    q2 chaingun > lg
    +1 to this fosho.

Senior Member rehash is on a distinguished road
    played alot of gxmod , ra2 mostly! played in NDML 2-3 season with some of the best like purri , damiah , etc!

Ahh good old times :/ now work and pay your house!

I remember how much pocket pizza I ate when I was a kid playin Quake2 lol !

Played since it came out to 2009 , i litterally did Q2 > QL no q3 q4 could not just laeve it ! The edge all day lol

Junior Member flesh_ is on a distinguished road
    This is so funny. I just barely left q2 because TDM died , totally, over the last six months. Just started up qlive 2 days ago.

It drives me crazy that no one tdms! *** ! Clan Arena is stupid. No thinking just aiming. How do I find good TDM games? I've played in a couple but nobody seems to know what their doing considering I'm doing well and don't even know any of the maps.

Senior Member JustLOL is on a distinguished road JustLOL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flesh_ View Post
    This is so funny. I just barely left q2 because TDM died , totally, over the last six months. Just started up qlive 2 days ago.

It drives me crazy that no one tdms! *** ! Clan Arena is stupid. No thinking just aiming. How do I find good TDM games? I've played in a couple but nobody seems to know what their doing considering I'm doing well and don't even know any of the maps.
    Yeah, you probably jumped into some random public TDM game, that's where you'll see some of the most random games and teams, combination of different skillsets (old quake veterans, tdm top10 list, playing with people with 15% profile accuracy) and mindsets (TDM mindset VS FFA fuk_my_team mindset). There is a proper TDM game once in a while, when the server fills up with active TDM players, but I'd say the best idea would be to join a TDM IRC pickup channel and find some games there (don't know the exact channels, someone else will have to help with that... or google "quake live tdm pickup").

Welcome to QL, btw.
    "Men no longer prefer blondes; today, gentlemen seem to prefer gentlemen."

*doomeh
    Yup, was a bit of a dueler back in the day. But UKCCL and WPDML was some of the best moments in gaming, great community, great players, great teams! Glad i was a part of it

*Tr1ky
    Quake 2 was like the best quake game of the seriies i have played

*WOGG
    ive played q2 since it came out and still am, only ctf (best mod, wish they brought the good stuff to q3/ql, it just isnt the same), there is one server left which is kinda active, its the best game ever!

*sycomosh
    half the reason i never took to quake3/quake live was because i was so anti-quake 3 cuz quake 2 was the shizzz.. i know people still play it but meh.. time to leave the past behind lol

*Bleeeed
    Yep loved Quake 2 was pretty much my childhood game rocking back then with a pentium II 333 & voodoo 1 GPU
    and blistering fast 33.6k Baud modem!! Connecting to The Microsoft Gaming zone lagging my ass off with 400+ping!
    then i found local servers WOW! what a difference started numerous Clans and sported numerous Nicks..Ohhh the Glory Days
    and i hated when i had to clean the gunk outof my mouse from to much quaking

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    did anyone play quake 2?
    @ lot. Mostly on LANs.

That was the game. Ok, it was underrated back then - people complained that apart from the graphics it was not as innovative as the first Q. From perspective these claims sound wobbly - after all, everyone expected the Second Coming and got an advertisement for a new graphics engine.

The singleplayer was good. Much better than Q which in itself was absolute, but funny, gory and brooding, and definitely goth experience. The Q2 sp was a lot better. When I play it now it has the perfect mix of everything. Wicked, ugly and perverse monsters coupled with a dull, dusty setting of a desert wasteland that is Stroggos, a climate that can be almost felt despite dated graphics - that makes it a blast. Sound was also top notch, with wicked screams from monsters, insane babbling of captured Marines, cracking (and repetitive) commands from your intercom, ominous bleeps from alien computers. All of this felt like it was made bya rtists whow anted to put as much of their hearts into the game as possible.

What about MP?
    One biggest drawback? NO LIGHTNING GUN. Read this aloud, sit down for 2 minutes, then weep.
    Really, mp in Q2 was far less speedy and more "tactical" if you can call it that. RL was also absymally slow. But there was...(drums)....RAILGUN! Welcome to the world of flixrailing awaited!
    Also a lot of mods.

Now if you want to play it, you can add Berserker or other HD mod and enjoy Q2 in a modern graphical dressing.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

+ Reply to Thread