+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Idea : Aim practice/score test mode, training mode.

*ArmorKing

Idea : Aim practice/score test mode, training mode.

Hello.

As Im sure many have, I have spent much time CFG tweaking in regards to Aim.

Its hard to really fine tune as a round is different every game.

My Idea: (Sorry if this has been done before?)

: A new mode of Training. It could work like so.....

The Point of the mode, is to rank and practice Aim, in 100% REPEATABLE conditions.

Player will be spawned in 1vs1 against bot. They will be stuck in one position, possibly by placing the spawn inside a little box that they can not move within.

The opponent will be a Bot. This Bot will have the Kickback removed. (eg FeatherWeight mod). The Bot will move on a 100% set path (eg train tracks). The Bot will have possibly a large amount of HP, or could simply be walking across some Health.

When the F3 ready is pressed, the timer will begin and player can begin making damage to the Bot. When the Bot is fragged the round ends and the timer stops (to milliseconds hopefully) and the time (score\ efficiency whatever you want to call it) is given.

This is repeatable over and over to allow players to judge small cfg changes on their aim. I was thinking mostly for LG but it could be tweaked to suit all guns.

Thankyou for reading.

Junior Member PawNsTAr is an unknown quantity at this point
    +1

i would like to see that. would be good if you can set the bot to the preferred amount of health,
    and also a turn off show health/damage bind so you can aim to get it to a specific number if you wish.

i had a similar idea myself, but it was just a bot standing a certain distance away from a wall
    with markings for rocket splash and a health/damage meter.

Senior Member jimday is on a distinguished road
    f1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Searching for a female Orbb species to conjugate with.
    Where the sanest place is behind the trigger

Senior Member filo is on a distinguished road filo's Avatar
    i would add to this ... possible speed adjustment to bot movment ... and maybe even mutliple angles where the bot is coming from.

+1 on this aim tester.

*iCeC0rpse
    I like this idea. Could also make another drill where a bot is thrusted into the air (medium jump pad, or rj) and you practice air-rocks, or air-nades.

Drills are so great for the real matches. Before a CA match starts i like to shoot my own teammates and most of the time they shoot back, and of course i go for the enemy team while doing so. IF there is a enough time we can usually get some good warmup before the match.

*iSpade27
    Great idea. And also, maybe you could make a mode so that the box is bigger and the bot rails back at you so you know to keep moving back and forth instead of staying one spot in railing. If that happens then you'll be stuck on a bad habit of standing still and railing.

Senior Member RC13 is on a distinguished road
    Something like tr_walkway in TF2 would be pretty cool in quake for practicing air rockets, LG lifts and anything else you can think up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiVzFMO3QVM

Senior Member OmeK is on a distinguished road OmeK's Avatar
    F1,
    an aim practice is a nice idea.
    it would be fantastic if there were aim practice for all weapons, like: shotgun/plasma/mg a mobile target with score depending on pellets hit, air-rocket for rl and so on...

Senior Member filo is on a distinguished road filo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RC13 View Post
    Something like tr_walkway in TF2 would be pretty cool in quake for practicing air rockets, LG lifts and anything else you can think up.

... are u crazy !!! ... this is exactly the thing we need.... AWESOME!

*Icey_Pain
    Quote Originally Posted by RC13 View Post

I was surprising how insanely useful and dynamic that map is. It's too bad the Quake Live engine probably is too dated to feature dynamic stuff like that.

+ Reply to Thread