+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tier slummers suggestion

*Rock3t_Science
    Funny idea, something that differentiates tier slummers and normal players. Make it shine like quad damage but in green or anything else (chiken sound + big chicken hovering over their is good too ahah) If it can be something shameful it's even better! they seek for glory, easy wins and top of elo rank, just humiliate them.
    Skillrating on the scoreboard could work too:
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-tier-slumming

Banned MANthrax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Ph3nyx View Post
    ...ok, easily: no tier slumming, no paying players, no more free game.
    You should be a manager for id. It's failed logic. Put new players in T3 beat the living piss out of them and call them names. No new customers puts us to where we are now declining usage in North America, no new addition of servers, running the business in the red waiting for the lights to go off.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MANthrax View Post
    You should be a manager for id. It's failed logic. Put new players in T3 beat the living piss out of them and call them names. No new customers puts us to where we are now declining usage in North America, no new addition of servers, running the business in the red waiting for the lights to go off.
    They probably wouldn't be putting the new players in tier 3 if they actually were NEW players. The issue is that there's idiots that feel the need to make new accounts about every week as soon as they get to tier 4 and then get beat. If the people were only allowed 1 account per IP, then maybe the starting tier would be tier 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    They probably wouldn't be putting the new players in tier 3 if they actually were NEW players. The issue is that there's idiots that feel the need to make new accounts about every week as soon as they get to tier 4 and then get beat. If the people were only allowed 1 account per IP, then maybe the starting tier would be tier 1 or 2.
    The IP thing we know would not work cause its easy to change. New accounts get asked if they have every played before, yes go to T4 (have player read a little note why he's going to T4) and No goes to T1.
    If that T1 player does continued strafe run for (x) distance, does a maximum rocket jump, (x) accuracy, or other advanced moved. Then they are thrown up to T4. No player would want to fake it nor would it be any fun doing nothing in T1. They'd slip do some advanced move and be thrown up to T4 and they would quit making alternate accounts.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MANthrax View Post
    The IP thing we know would not work cause its easy to change. New accounts get asked if they have every played before, yes go to T4 (have player read a little note why he's going to T4) and No goes to T1.
    If that T1 player does continued strafe run for (x) distance, does a maximum rocket jump, (x) accuracy, or other advanced moved. Then they are thrown up to T4. No player would want to fake it nor would it be any fun doing nothing in T1. They'd slip do some advanced move and be thrown up to T4 and they would quit making alternate accounts.
    Yeah, the only way that'd work though if is there was some way to actually to measure that. If someone accidentally figured out strafing for like 3 jumps, would that put them in tier 4? It just wouldn't be a very accurate way to figure it out. Plus, if some tier 1 player came upon a rocket jump script and somehow figured out how to get it to work, they'd be able to do maximum RJs all the time.

It'd involve a TON of measures to get the tiers to work...although if there were a lot more players there wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Member skeletonface is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, I know people say it's impossible to slum in FFA, but all you have to do is start a new account and play badly until you are assigned a tier. Of course, my suggestion wouldn't work on these people as the system has no way of knowing that you ARE slumming. I also never knew you couldn't play lower or higher tiers in FFA. Is this recent?
    I'm sure I used to see FFA games with red or grey arrows all the time.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I don't know if you can tier up or not but you can't tier down. And it's been like that since... something like out of beta I think.

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Yeah, the only way that'd work though if is there was some way to actually to measure that. If someone accidentally figured out strafing for like 3 jumps, would that put them in tier 4? It just wouldn't be a very accurate way to figure it out. Plus, if some tier 1 player came upon a rocket jump script and somehow figured out how to get it to work, they'd be able to do maximum RJs all the time.

It'd involve a TON of measures to get the tiers to work...although if there were a lot more players there wouldn't be that much of a problem.
    Measuering is easy its selecting the right criteria that challenging. There will always be "what if this" or outliers. So if to many people get 3 jumps then make it 4. However, if they get a max RJ jump via script or skill they go to T4. Or combo of both.
    You want to accomplish 2 things keep people making alt accounts and keep only T1 skilled players in T1

My problem is again with id management and staff who half ass fix things and never think it through.

"Beyond the realm of reality" I wonder when they program how many times they rerun a runtime error before they realize they need to change something in the code?

Senior Member bliss is on a distinguished road bliss's Avatar
    I tear up every time I tier down

*Kavlo
    So tier slumming si impossible in FFA ??
    OMG there is a noob on FFA Tier 4 called Loerie who is alwais saying that players are tier slumming and that we are ruining the game X)
    If he knew about it ...

+ Reply to Thread