+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tier slummers suggestion

Senior Member s0laris is on a distinguished road
    You get demoted by the system in T4 FFA if you are too low skilled for it, so a lot of ppl used to jump between T3-4 because in T3 they own, in T4 they are getting owned by the long time, more skilled players.

A chicken icon wouldnt be bad, really. Can mention at least one clanmate who is T3 in CTF, but playing T2 only. He has 62% RG acc, because hes playing Space CTF all the time, racking up insane amount of kills with quad+RG. To be honest, T3 CTF players shouldnt be allowed to join T2 games at all... (from T4 to T3 is okay imo.)

Senior Member Uuber is on a distinguished road
    What they need to do is ban people that keep creating new accounts. Have seen the same person over and over with diff. names dominating in T3 with @23 mins of play time. And they insult the same everytime.

Can't id check this by IP and address this abuse. These losers can't hack it at their level. Pretty sad really but really hurts the real first time players.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    You can report them with a demo if they have a very bad behaviour. Their IP will get banned but don't expect that to stop anyone.

Member GiZZmo is on a distinguished road
    I hate this damn users making new account to play on lower tier servers this ass... damage the whole game.

Sad psychic loosers...

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GiZZmo View Post
    Sad psychic loosers...
    I know right. Wish they'd quit knowing stuff before it happens, and tighten up!! ..and cheer up too!!

Junior Member TheScaredOne is on a distinguished road
    What about allowing players to play in lower-tiered servers but place a mandatory handicap on them?

Senior Member EvilSuperman is on a distinguished road EvilSuperman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    You can't join down a tier in FFA, so there is no such thing as tier slumming.
    are you joking...all you need to do is make a new account with a fake email..

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilSuperman View Post
    are you joking...all you need to do is make a new account with a fake email..
    While that is true (and extremely easy to do. No email confirmation) the main problem with FFA matchmaking is that there are very few good players that play it constantly, since they prefer duel and tdm, therefore it always or almost always ends up in matches with 7 matched players and 1 that destroys them.

It's like FFA is a mod in which it is impossible not to tier slum. I know that's not the 100% perfect correct term as it means abusing on purpose, but the result is the same. A good player that joins a ffa match knows the mod itself to him means stomping 7 players or at most a stomping competition against one other player (who stomps the other 6 the most); same with instagib and ca to some extent.

Isn't it bizarre that quake is so split up in QL, which was less so in quake3? In most games there's one or two main gametypes whereas in QL there are at least 6 actually played (duel, tdm, ctf, ffa, ca, instagib)
    Last edited by megaman3; 01-18-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Member uf is an unknown quantity at this point
    Problem not in the slummers - just missing tier 4 (CA). We have: (1) games with skillrating 50 and (2) games with skillrating 150+. Where are the best games for players with skillrating 70? 1 - difference 20 or 2 - difference 80+ ? The choice of the slummers is very simple - to make a new accounts and wait to fix this problem. Or stop playing. Developers should be ashamed of their "curves" hands.

I requested (for pro-acc):
    Start-A-Match
    Basic Settings - Skill Restriction, chechboxes: [x] 1 tier [x] 2 tier [x] 3 tier [x] 4 tier [x] 5 (gold) tier or values - min and max skillrating
    It is so difficult?

Now I see the genocide of the players with skillrating 70-75. 1 day - tier 3, 1 day -tier 4... and so more than a year for me ((( . Developers, I hate you.

PS: Yes, I have more than a thousand new accounts (xxx000-xxx999 and other). And I'm tired of this. When the tier4-problem will be solved?
    Last edited by uf; 01-18-2013 at 10:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread