+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dm_67-demo viewing/conversion without q3a

*Akli_Slatt

dm_67-demo viewing/conversion without q3a

Hi all!
    Some time ago I sold my copy of q3 for a really good price. Unfortunately I did not convert my demo in another playable format, like avi or so. I would like to view/convert my demo, without having Quake 3 Arena. Wolfcam, QLDT and the other tools do afaik either not support dm_67-files or need a full version of q3.

Could somebody explain me how to view/convert or even better do that job for me? I would be very thankful.
    Here is the link to my demo:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jj6mr4

Thanks a lot!

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    ...download Quake 3?

I'm pretty sure Open Arena works relatively well, so long as you have a proper Quake 3 engine, of which there are plenty.

You can't really play dm_68 (which is the latest protocol from 1.30 onward iirc) in QL, which uses dm_73 protocol. Wolfcam has semi-support for dm_68, but full support was abandoned from the very beginning.

You would also need the maps, which is the only thing Open Arena can't give you. If you're this set on playing Quake 3 legitimately, then you're more or less out of luck, as there are no converters to/from dm_68 and dm_73. I've been working with each protocol for a while, and a converter wouldn't be that hard to make, but nobody has done it yet for some reason I can't really fathom.

tl;dr no

*Akli_Slatt
    Thank you for you help, but I tried and did not get it work with oamme or q3mme...

And here they say, this is quite complicated.

http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=2293.0

Any other ideas?

And yes, the maps are not designed for oa, which is a problem...

btw, the map should be this one:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/yfs2s0
    Last edited by Akli_Slatt; 01-31-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    acc_homer is a Defrag map. It can (and should) be downloaded from the Worldspawn Archives.

It's not necessary to have the Quake 3 resources to play Defrag with Open Arena. Download and install OA, download and install DF in the same place, download a custom Q3 engine (such as dfengine, or iodfengine), and create a batch file with this inside it:

Code:
    iodfengine.x86.exe -nosplash +set fs_game "defrag"
    It should launch DF without any problems. If it does, then you can watch the demo from there. If it doesn't, you would need to post a console log, since I know for a fact this works.

*Akli_Slatt
    Ha! Awesome!
    That worked for me!
    Thanks a lot!

+ Reply to Thread