+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skyboxes

Junior Member lat is on a distinguished road

Skyboxes

Could anyone help me create a skybox with this image ? (show/tell how or make for me)

Thank you in advanced for your help

(This is for wolfcam)
    Last edited by lat; 01-28-2012 at 09:39 PM.

*Nerr
    I don't know everything about skyboxes but I don't see how it would be possible to create from this image, so much information is missing. You could probably get something with a lot of work in Photoshop but I cant see how it could turn out to look good (either it will be stretched or/and there will be weird seams).

I thought that you created skyboxes in 3D modeling programs or used a very special camera (?) (for real world skyboxes). Build the world in 3D and use cube mapping to create a skybox from it. If you had a panoramic picture you could maybe map it to a cylinder (without capping it at top and bottom) and create a cube map from that (although it would be a "hole" in the bottom and top) or use a sphere although there would be ugly distortion from it.
    Last edited by Nerr; 01-29-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerr View Post
    I don't know everything about skyboxes but I don't see how it would be possible to create from this image, so much information is missing. You could probably get something with a lot of work in Photoshop but I cant see how it could turn out to look good (either it will be stretched or/and there will be weird seams).

I thought that you created skyboxes in 3D modeling programs or used a very special camera (?) (for real world skyboxes). Build the world in 3D and use cube mapping to create a skybox from it. If you had a panoramic picture you could maybe map it to a cylinder (without capping it at top and bottom) and create a cube map from that (although it would be a "hole" in the bottom and top) or use a sphere although there would be ugly distortion from it.
    Well do you have any idea where i can find a new skybox for space maps and such, that look like space affects still...

Or how i can make a skybox which is my main problem...
    I need to know how to get it to work in wolfcam to replace the previous ql sky boxes with my new one.

bump.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Find any non-stock space map, and it'll have a different skybox. Any map that's open has a skybox that you can use, really.

+ Reply to Thread