+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sensitivity problem with diffrent weapons

Senior Member Infinitiy is on a distinguished road

Sensitivity problem with diffrent weapons

Hi Quake players

I started to play Quake about 2 years ago ..bla ble bla..and after watching strenx and rapha and k1llsen and avek and saw how they move the mouse in their hand on videos. I tried to hold my mouse like cooller that was okay but my shaft didint worked out. Then i tried to hold my mouse like strenx. I wondered: 35 til 40 % LG in duels but rockets suck.

So it came to the point like many other people already said:

If you want do aim like strenx and shoot rails like him than you need very low sensitivity and move your mouse like strenx with the whole arm. The aim on long distance ist great.
    If you want do hit rockets like cypher you need high sensitivity and move your mouse off the cuff.

So how you can combine both?

You can use diffrent sensitivitys on diffrent weapons but then the movement sucks.
    You can use accel to the mouse and it is really easy to aim with lg, but rockets suck.

So do have any good ideas to combine this, or any good ideas how to move the mouse?

Greets Infi

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I recommend against different sensitivities for each weapon.

Accel is a much better option but it is unnecessary.

I disagree that rockets suck with accel, rapha has one of the highest mouse accel values of all the pro players and his rockets are legendary. Cypher uses some accel too.

Just use the sensitivity that is most comfortable and adapt. Really this is what these pro players have done. You've got to learn to listen to your hand wrist and arm and what they want to do vs. what the game calls for.

If you look at all the pro configs there are certain trends or certain ranges, but none have the exact same settings and most differ greatly.

Member b1_ is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    I recommend against different sensitivities for each weapon.
    Lorfa, I am checking your cfg at pastebin and you use different sens for weapons.
    Just curious why?

Can you tell me what's your cm/360 with RL and LG, please?
    I am playing with your config now and it seems you use quite high accel, right?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b1_ View Post
    Lorfa, I am checking your cfg at pastebin and you use different sens for weapons.
    Just curious why?
    Actually most of them are the same, sens 3 accel 0.4, just adjusted for the different fovs. The same adjustment that happens automatically when you zoom in. If you want to see how this is calculated see "cg_zoomsensitivity" in my guide.

The LG uses a different sens to facilitate the weird turns it seems to require. To the life of me I couldn't get the normal sens to work well with the LG so I caved in and set a different one. I really don't like the idea, and I periodically try my regular sens in the hopes that it will work for me again. Chaingun is kind of like the LG so I set it to use the same sens.

Can you tell me what's your cm/360 with RL and LG, please?
    The base sens for RL is ~30.7 cm/360. The base sens for LG is ~39.3 cm/360.

Senscap in that config is 7.5, or ~12.3 cm/360.

With accel the sens oscillates between these numbers depending on the speed.

I am playing with your config now and it seems you use quite high accel, right?
    In my opinion, yes I do. :-)

I've since made some changes so I'll probably update the pastebin soon.

+ Reply to Thread