Last edited by lowle; 02-01-2012 at 11:57 AM.
COOL things: skill, will, focus, coordination, strategy, tactics, brain, speed
not COOL things: Cheats, Cheaters
Play the single player of the original Quake on nightmare and come back
No, play Reaper Bots in original Quake on skill 3 and own them constantly. If you can do that, you are good.Play the single player of the original Quake
Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
...and still playing!
JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
lets C H I L L !
Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
- Constantly move with a purpose. Don't waste precious time wandering aimlessly about the map.
- Engage opponents when you know you can outlast them. Avoid them and re-stack your health and armor when you aren't sure.
- Don't stray too far from an item you know will be spawning soon.
- Don't go after a freshly-spawned player unless you're heavily armed. Otherwise you may win, but then die from his stray mg bullet as he respawns behind you.
- In FFA, avoid 1-on-1 fights. Instead, listen for others fighting, and finish off the weaker of the two, then take out the other. Then go restock your health/armor.
- If you have to retreat from a room, cover your tracks with rockets, grenades, or spam plasma. You'd be surprised how many frags you can score off overzealous chasers.
lowle why did u delete ur post? there were some interesting technical tips there.
The thread so far, minus the trolling and useless chatter:
* Adjust your fov and mouse sensitivity to your play style.
* Learn how to make a custom cfg
* Choose situations when to be aggressive and when to not
* Remember to take breaks and dont play too much
* Dont stand to close to walls or pillars to avoid explosion splash damage
* Imagine where the enemy is and where he is going when you can't see him
* Get the right equipment - chair, table, mouse pad, mouse, keyboard, screen
* Don't jump too much. You're easier to hear and easier to hit.
* Practice. Strafing and jumping, forwards, backwards and while fighting. Aiming. All weapons.
* Use good headphones
* Turn the sound up and disable all unnessecary sounds
* Always try to be in a position where you have the maximum number of exits.
* Stay in cover especially while your weapon reloads
* Stay calm and relax
* Believe you can win
* Lower your sensitivity to the lowest acceptable setting - high enough to move around comfortably, but low enough to aim.
* Play as many different mods as possible on a regular basis, especialy duel and defrag.
* Practice flick shots (panic shots) - it is easier to flick consistently with no mouse acceleration
* Spectate or watch demos/videos of good or funny players
* Look around all the time.
* Constantly move with a purpose. Don't waste time wandering aimlessly about the map.
* Pick your fights wisely.
* Don't stray too far from an item you know will be spawning soon.
* Listen for others fighting, and finish off the weaker of the two.
* Cover your tracks with rockets/granades or the like
Lower your mouse sensitivity... WAY LOWER. Make it so that you literally have to pick the mouse up off the pad to do a rapid 180 degree turn.
This tiny piece of advice improved my game beyond belief. For the 1st time since I played Doom 2 I could actually aim correctly. Made a HUGE difference.
Some other more general tips:
1. Never stop moving
2. Don't walk into spam - wait it out
3. Use the sound - listen.
Last edited by Wobbo; 02-02-2012 at 09:45 AM.