+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Harvester/Overload

Junior Member Deathfromace is on a distinguished road
    I got the email telling me my account was about to be deleted so figured I would come back and see the status on this. To many patch notes to read through but first look through the game types I didn't see either of them. Any news i'm missing?

Edit: Would also like to say i'm very disappointed that a year and some months later I've gotten no reply from a dev on the status of this let alone neither of them have been added. These two game types are my favorite part of Quake and after my time playing I got so very tired of CTF.
    Last edited by Deathfromace; 03-20-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Junior Member blackmoore is on a distinguished road
    i've never played those game types... i would like the harvester flavored one.

there's something about soul collecting that agrees with me.
    +urban terror +bethesda +nexus +f a n t a b u l i c i o u s
    i won't force your model, i'm not like that...

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    Defiantly add this....i hope they will be added because ctf is getting bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

*DrewPWiener
    Yeah, it would be nice to see 1 flag and Harvester added. I honestly never cared for Overload since it always played like a basic Assault mod since it only had a single objective. It would still be nice if they added all three since many people would love to see them all added.

Senior Member Venser is on a distinguished road Venser's Avatar
    overload was my favorite TA mode and enjoyed it a lot. Never liked harvester tho

*JuicyFrag
    I will start losing hope in my favorite game developer if the following isn't addressed:

Add missing TA Game Modes
    Add missing TA Maps
    Add missing TA Player Models (Flayer, anyone?)
    Add missing TA Powerups
    Add missing 'Secret' Quake 3 developer face models and others (i.e. the Sarge/Gore skin)
    Push out new content faster (for an online FPS, and the amount of community Quake 3/TA Maps out there, this game has a small variety of maps still)
    (Maybe) finish the Quake 3 grappling hook code ONCE AND FOR ALL. Q2 ctf with grappling hook was the bomb

My only complaint about the game is Harvester and Overload missing...if they were added I wouldn't have anything to say. But they have not and i've been on this crusade for year/s but my original post was lost during a forum change..or w/e the cause was.

So here I am here ready to bump this up!

Junior Member Guitar_Monkey is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    id have recently added missing TA gametype support to the remaining CTF maps that didn't have such support, so I'd presume they're going to add at least one of the 3 gametypes in the coming months. A new gametype is seriously needed.
    it actually took 1 and a half year

Here I am once again throwing this suggestion is out there. I still have the files installed and found a link to the forums on my computer while cleaning it up. Thought I would make a post without checking to see if they have been added this time because...I mean come on how long has it been and I never got a reply.

Edit: Installed all the new updates and looks like harvester was finally added...now overload. Sad part being overload is the better of the two but at least some progress was made on this in two years.
    Last edited by Deathfromace; 10-15-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Maybe I sounded a bit harsh in my last reply but the lack of people wanting this and any word from the dev is a sad thing. I'm very happy harvester was added as it shows some progress is being made on making this a complete package but taking years to add a vital part of Quake back into Quake is just disheartening but I finally plan to play some games again for the first time in a year or so.
    Last edited by Deathfromace; 12-25-2012 at 12:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread