+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvester/Overload

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    awesome games
    better then ft to me.....sadly that they are here but not published,i hope soon they will add at least 1......
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Junior Member Deathfromace is on a distinguished road
    If they simply added overload *below* would jump up a ton and I would be on every day. I love Quake and CTF but after playing 17hrs of it I got bored and went to other games. Overload requires a good deal of team-work and some strategic use of the "classes".
    Time Played: 17 hours
    Last Game: 5 months ago
    *I know you can win without any team-work what so ever but without defenders the game will just end in about a minute and then its boring all over again with no struggle*

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    I've never heard of many of these types. As mainly a Quake 2 player in college, I kind of skipped the whole Q3 TA era. Overload looks like it would kick ass in QL. One Flag CTF looks like fun as well.

I have no idea what goes into designing a new game type, but expanding in this manner could push QL to the next level. I mean look how huge the daily player base during xmas was FT was free. We even just had 1 map to play on and I played every freaking day, over and over.

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    id have recently added missing TA gametype support to the remaining CTF maps that didn't have such support, so I'd presume they're going to add at least one of the 3 gametypes in the coming months. A new gametype is seriously needed.
    Bots break when maps don't have the TA entities added.

*MartianBuddy
    Harvester & overload are very very good. But i don't know what to think about one flag CTF, might be a crap in terms of gameplay (any input?).

Senior Member Anhedonic is on a distinguished road
    We don't need more gametypes, FT was highly requested and added.
    No one plays it or even wants to think about playing it, besides, everyone would just whine because it's not free.
    <Anhedonic> DOGS HAVE LEGS
    * Anhedonic has quit IRC (Signed off)

* SyncError sets mode: +m #quakelive

<SyncError> Everyone please note...
    <SyncError> Dogs have legs.
    <SyncError> Okay carry on.
    * SyncError sets mode: -m #quakelive

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhedonic View Post
    everyone would just whine because it's not free.
    that is problem of cheap nobs and i know that i dont want to play ft every day,to me it is to have fun and relax
    more prem players more games,everyone knows that
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Overload and Harvester are core game-types for Team Arena I was shocked and still am that they were not already core game-types when Quake Live came out.

I can see why no one plays FT but I can guarantee if one of the game-types I am suggesting makes it into the game it will be played. I am really trying not to go into my game bin and just install Quake Arena when I can play it on here with ease...but with the lack of things to do they are forcing me to go the route it seems they want people to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhedonic View Post
    We don't need more gametypes, FT was highly requested and added.
    No one plays it or even wants to think about playing it, besides, everyone would just whine because it's not free.
    Also I could be wrong but FT was not actually a part of Quake as much as it was a mod. So Harvester/Overload (or any core game-types) should be free to all not a premium service.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    Bots break when maps don't have the TA entities added.
    That's odd. Q3TA could run Q3A CTF maps in CTF with bots. Why would bots look for TA entities while in CTF? Then again I guess QL bot code is completely different to in Q3.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianBuddy View Post
    Harvester & overload are very very good. But i don't know what to think about one flag CTF, might be a crap in terms of gameplay (any input?).
    On the contrary I think Overload is pretty linear - it usually boils down to teams camping out their opponent's base and trying to destroy the obelisk faster than their opponents destroy theirs.

1FCTF is a nice variation on CTF. Like Harvester, it makes defense more of a challenge as there is only one direction your opponent needs to go to make a capture, so it leaves defenders without the extra opportunity of fragging a runaway flag carrier like in CTF. What counters this though, is the fact that your attackers will also be after the EFC and thus also play a crucial role in defense. It's also necessary to have a midfielder and attacker at all times, and these 2 positions swap as captures are made. This ensures that the neutral flag is not left available for your opponents when it respawns in the middle after a capture.

It's a very nice spin on CTF but if they were to add a TA gametype, it should be Harvester as that seems to be the overall favorite.

+ Reply to Thread