+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Harvester/Overload

*MartianBuddy
    sweet, ty.

Junior Member Deathfromace is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    On the contrary I think Overload is pretty linear - it usually boils down to teams camping out their opponent's base and trying to destroy the obelisk faster than their opponents destroy theirs.
    It becomes that if not even a couple people defend. And I think nowadays there will be more people defending then it was on the actual game servers. But once one or two people defend the game becomes what it is meant to be and I think its great fun...seeing the guy charging in the base with kamikaze trying to kill the defenders while more people come in behind to do the clean-up was great fun for me.

Figured I would come back and bump it until I wait another year and do so again.

Eh didn't want to wait as long to see if it was ever added. Figure more people that see this means more support so here it goes again.

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    I agree. They should add at least one of these gametypes soon, as they were adding the entity support about a few months ago. (why else would they do that?) Like TheMuffinMan said, I hope it is Harvester, it`s such a unique gametype, and probably creates more suspense during gameplay (more skulls, more risky) than any other gametype.

I always wondered why Cobalt Station didn`t recieve One Flag / Harvester support in the aforementioned update (it still got Overload support btw). Sure, it`s the only asymmetrical CTF map in QL, but that doesn`t mean it can`t support those two gametypes. You could put the white flag / obelisk where the RL is or RG is, either way would work. It could make very interesting games.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathfromace View Post
    Eh didn't want to wait as long to see if it was ever added. Figure more people that see this means more support so here it goes again.
    There was (apparently) a DevPick a few weekends ago that was only online for a half hour or so before being removed. By the sounds of it it was a gauntlet only, flag tackle enabled 1 flag CTF. That's one sign that we might see TA gametypes added in future. The other signs:

- TA gametype support on most maps lacking it. (sponge says it's because bots break without it, I think that's just a cover-up!)
    - Gametype info on main ingame menu for all 3 TA gametypes.

I got a strong feeling we'll see one of them added this year sometime. But hey, what do I know! If the community has it's way then they'll add Defrag instead, which would be a shame since the Defrag community is still quite active and therefore if you like Defrag then just go play it and quit asking for it to be added to QL. Team Arena on the other hand, was pretty much dead to begin with.

bumping this once again as every time I do the idea gets nothing but support.

Sadly no support from last bump but here I am again as I saw giantbomb do a TNT of unreal so it made me want to play some Quake.

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    The TA gametypes are a tradition in Q3A. Even most TA-haters probably found the gametypes for the mod enjoyable, and QL would benefit highly from having them introduced.

I hope we get at least one of them next update, since that is going to be the 10th update marking the one-year anniversary of QL going gold.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    QL hasn't even gone iron or aluminium, nevermind gold!

Unfortunately the dev team whole-heartedly believes that adding more gametypes will split the community. Where I'm from the situation is that QL is CA and duel servers, and every now and then one of the other gametypes. Adding more gametypes will only add more options for what to play instead of crappy CA, that's all. No splits, just more options for people like me who crave variety and strategic games, and who want to see this game become more interesting and playable than it is right now.

+ Reply to Thread