+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvester/Overload

Hybrid View

Junior Member Deathfromace is on a distinguished road

Harvester/Overload

I suggested this a while back but seems all my posts were deleted so here I am again. I suggest that the game-type overload and harvester are added (fully supported) to the game.

For those of you that don't know what they are please read http://planetquake.gamespy.com/View....l&id=66&game=4

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    The whole old forum was replaced with this one, it's not just your posts that were deleted :)

Maybe someone can paste back what cvars you need to set to run those modes in practice games?

That is the thing though I want to actually play this game as it was intended and not missing some things and doing a work around to get the game to work. IMO those two game-types made team arena and they are missing so kind of a huge thing to not add.

I find it hard to believe this suggestion is getting so little support. Two of the best game-types for Quake imo.

*iSpade27
    Those game modes sound great! I've never played Quake III but those sound amazing. I think it would bring more people to QuakeLive which would mean more members which would also mean more money. Hear that, ID? MORE MONEY. NOW PUT IT ON!!

It seems it will never fully be added. I have made this exact same post in the old forums and a year went by without a reply from them and it got tons of pages of support. My game activity after I suggested the modes went from 100% to about 1% now I hardly ever get on. Those game modes in my experience made teamwork a lot more fun and overall made team-area...well team-arena.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    I've continued to campaign the exact same idea for a year or so now.

The Team Arena game-types would make a brilliant addition to Quake Live. It would also be a great time to implement it seeing as the QL community is so damn dead now. Implementing it and making it available on public servers could give the community a significant renewed interest in the product. Also, the Team Arena game-types are in the QL code already (albeit for some unknown reason, they managed to screw it up):

/g_gametype:
    6 = One Flag CTF
    7 = Overload
    8 = Harvester

So why don't they fix what they managed to break and make it available? Or does id Software prefer to make people seriously bored of this game and go somewhere else? Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes by now and realised that just because the standard players aren't readily giving them any money, that they constitute the vast majority of all players and at the end of the day, standard players are still potential customers - some of which can still be persuaded to give id some business.

Back once again to bump this thread/idea. Read all the updates (few that there were) and figured it might be another good time to get this back in the light.

*a13xid13acter14
    Invulnerability without overload is like a fish out of water.
    Last edited by a13xid13acter14; 01-28-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    id have recently added missing TA gametype support to the remaining CTF maps that didn't have such support, so I'd presume they're going to add at least one of the 3 gametypes in the coming months. A new gametype is seriously needed.

+ Reply to Thread