+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PQL Movement

Senior Member EmSixTeen is on a distinguished road

PQL Movement

So, with the update we've now got PQL movement, similar to CPMa's movement with air control but still different. Anyone have any nice tricks and jumps yet on new maps and old?

Here is a very quick video I made showcasing a little of the movement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdG-Pq3Ssqw&hd=1 (ignore this video, watch the one below)

--
    Edit:
    --

I've made a (second) video showcasing the new PQL physics in QuakeLive. I don't have great movement by any stretch of the imagination (*glances at hox's video*) , but I wanted to get it out for people to see what sort of things can be done. Hopefully some will find it interesting and perhaps some will learn something they've not seen or thought of before.

There's some useful tricks, some useless tricks, some CTF fastcaps, minimal editing (read: none), and the music isn't synced, but check it out anyway. Apologies for the music if you don't like it.

PQL Movement Exhibition

Uploading it to MegaUpload in case anyone wants it. Also, not sure how to format this post properly for download links, etc.

hf

(ESR post here)

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    uh? you made a video of the new QL movements, 10 minutes after the new QL went live?? talk about attention w***e

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iSuckz View Post
    uh? you made a video of the new QL movements, 10 minutes after the new QL went live?? talk about attention w***e
    lol upset.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Cool stuff.

Next time though use a bit higher gamma, your video is really dark on youtube :<

Senior Member xdc is on a distinguished road xdc's Avatar
    every Pro CA server should have this enabled, or gtfo

disagree, but whatever floats your boat

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    disagree, but whatever floats your boat
    why is it everytime someone makes something interesting, be it a post for anti-cheat or a post that supports whats been asked for since BETA where you didn't even know what quake is, you just have to down everything thats cool? like i said before, you are an epic noob seriously.

when the new week comes around, and my clanmates are all at work and i go back to pubs, i find myself losing stupid frags because i'v spent the whole weekend with Fast Weapon Switching on and now i'm used to it;

adding PQL to "juz som" servers only adds to the difference between pro users and pub; srsly, talk of splitting the player base, then make CA into not one but two game modes.

now i'm not a big fan of FWS, and prolly won't be of PQL but as always, if it's on i'll play with it. i just think it if it's a big change, it should be the same across the board, everywhere.

Senior Member over2u is on a distinguished road
    now i'm not a big fan of FWS, and prolly won't be of PQL but as always, if it's on i'll play with it. i just think it if it's a big change, it should be the same across the board, everywhere.

same across board (ENABLED) f1 !

Senior Member muffin is on a distinguished road
    Having it across the board would kill quake for me. I love VQ3/QL movement for a reason.
    Some bastardized QW movement/weap switch in q3a just ruins it.

Just my 2c.

+ Reply to Thread