+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Update - December 15, 2011

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerr View Post
    /callvote ruleset PQL
    or
    cv ruleset pql
    to use the new callvote alias.

*FiletOFish
    Quote Originally Posted by hstl_ View Post
    What is the deal with the scoreboard? I don't like it at all. Is there anyway to reset the scoreboard so it returns back to the standard Kill to Death ratios?
    ^^^this^^^

Larger flag icons and the teams average ping are nice, I guess? But is seems frags should be on the board somewhere, why did you remove the frags count?

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    At a guess the slight delay is because the weapon event is waiting on the server confirmation of the change, I haven't confirmed this with anyone yet.

when you had it triggered via a keypress the change was initialized entirely client side, so was instant.

it doesn't change how quickly you can fire at all, but some may not wish to get used to the small delay.

you could leave your keypress bind in as well, that way it would be instant, and any mistake (death/no ammo change) would be dealt with for you still by the event.

Junior Member polip is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Goser View Post
    yeah really nice update, good changes like Callvote and ffa limit!
    thx!
    ffa limit sucks, as it prefers campers
    would be harder to kill 1, so all tdm players will have easier times, and instead of offensive, this mode will get into +back more
    with this simple solution they changed hektik (good) mode into zzz fest for 'brain' (lame) players.

Member Lapppy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by kristus View Post
    How about you explain why? I found these changes as welcome seeing how they make up for some annoying abuses people tend to do with voting on pub servers. That said, I think the 3 votes max is a bit restrictive. All it's supposed to do is make people not spam votes. So it should be a bit less stringent IMO.
    On normal pub servers, you cannot callvote during a game. If there is an obvious cheater and enough people f3 before the 20 seconds are up, then nobody can callvote kick that obvious cheater. Same goes for shuffles and maps. If we need to shuffle, or change the map before a match, and enough people f3 before the 20 seconds, then there is no chance for shuffle or map change.

If someone callvotes an obvious cheater three times and the cheater is not kicked, then that cheater just might stay another match. Unless someone else decides to callvote kick the cheater. But that usually never happens.

I think that 5 votes max would be reasonable...
    Last edited by Lapppy; 12-15-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Junior Member Bluder is on a distinguished road
    Love PQL, i haven't had this much fun in a while. Great update!

*aethopi
    "Added PQL Ruleset."

Love it, been waiting for this for ages and I'm getting a pro subscription right now. This will put more speed and awareness into the game.

Thanks a lot for this incredible patch :-)

*Sm3rtan
    PQL is awesome!

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I encountered a few issues :

1. Footsteps didn't make sound in my private iFT server. For anyone.
    2. PQL setup wasn't saved after I created a server. The next server I spawned (for the same gamemode, just changed location) had the ruleset QL.
    3. Map names (Winter's Edge and Spider Crossing) appear as "None" in the last 10 matches history on the statistics page of a profile.

Otherwise it's pretty great. It'll take a while to get used to that movement.

*walongtatlo
    cool update - restricting vote thats nice

but in-game kicking should be added, not cool inviting new players to this nice game
    then they see cheaters just reconnect to play and not get kick when the game starts
    not all people know the "know-how" on exploring folders to get demos and submit to ID

+ Reply to Thread