+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Own Advertisements in-game

Senior Member dragisman is on a distinguished road

Unhappy Own Advertisements in-game

hey, so i went to this site by kittenignition: http://wolfcamql.wikispaces.com/FAQ
    and i want my own ads in-game.
    wat i did was i renamed the jpg "ad2x1.jpg", then made two new folders: ad_content and textures. i put the jpg into ad_content, then put ad_content in textures, and zipped it up. then i renamed the folder to textures.pk3, and put it in my baseq3 and my Library/Application Support/Wolfcamql/wolfcam-ql, next to the demos folder, cameras folder, videos folder, cache folder, q3config.cfg, etc.
    I just recorded a frag with wolfcam and the jpg didnt show up (btw forgot to mention that file was 2048x1024), so what do i do ?
    wat i recently noticed also, is when i went to my baseq3 with all the maps, i saw the z-textures.pk3, then it vanished. just like that before my eyes. this also happens with half of the defrag maps i download, and the other half stay in there, but when i start practice match and /map mapname, it says it can't find mapname.bsp ... but anyways here's the download link for the z-textures.pk3:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cf73...z-textures.pk3

if u want me to upload some images or something, just reply to this thread
    and also, just for kicks, here is the in-game ad i want:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...roductions.jpg

(very noobish, made it in 20 minutes, but the name of the movie is epidemic, so thats what the green biohazard things are for )
    I'm a snake. Hear me ROAR. Miaow.

Mr. Norris, A Quake Live Frag Movie

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
    DRAGISMAN PRODUCTIONS

umm .. my desktop ? its a folder called wolfcamql8.4 (with the baseq3, wolfcam-ql, and wolfcamqlmac to launch wolfcam)
    oh and also i have your cfg for wolfcam, but i downloaded a dm_73 of strenx vs k1llsen, so if i want a sort of specator cfg, you know, with the item timing, the health, score box etc, what do i do ? can i have one spec.cfg and one autoexec.cfg, and just do /exec spec.cfg, /exec autoexec.cfg then /vid_restart ? thanks
    Last edited by dragisman; 12-06-2011 at 06:41 AM.

DRAGISMAN PRODUCTIONS

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Just to mention beforehand: I still use Wolfcam 8.0, but the folders are still the same (just the number that's different)

The problem is that you aren't sticking the ads in the correct spot. You (I believe) are sticking them in your
    Code:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\wolfcamql\wolfcam-ql
    spot, when you need to convert the pak00.pk3 at
    Code:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\wolfcamql8.0\baseq3
    by downloading Quakelivedec.
    Once you have quakelivedec, you need to convert pak00.pk3 into pak00.zip. To do this, open up a new file in Notepad and write
    Code:
    quakelivedec pak00.pk3 pak00.zip
    and then save it as "pak00.bat" (Save it to the same folder that you extracted quakelivedec to--I personally have them in a folder on my desktop called "QL Dec".)
    then you want to double click on the pak00.bat (It's a Windows Batch File that you're wanting to click on)
    It will then make the zip file for you. (It will ask you to overwrite it if you did it again later--You would just type "y" and then "enter" and it would work again)
    then in the zip file, you want to put your new ads in
    Code:
    pak00.zip\textures\ad_content\
    Then, you want to go back into notepad, reopen the pak00.bat, and then change the code inside it into
    Code:
    quakelivedec pak00.zip pak00.pk3
    Then, double click on the pak00.bat in the folder and it WILL ask you if you want to override it. Type "y" and then click "enter" and then it should overrwrite your pak00.pk3 with the new ads. (Keep a backup of the original pak00.pk3 somewhere safe on your computer so you don't need to get the other ads later and overwrite them again)

Then just move the pak00.pk3 in the QL Dec folder (or wherever you put the quakelivedec stuff) into your wolfcam pak00.pk3 area and overwrite the one there. Then, you should have the ads in Wolfcam.

ok cool ty, but im on a mac, so i'll just boot camp

DRAGISMAN PRODUCTIONS

help its not working !
    ok so here's my situation: im on a mac, but my friend let me use his windows 7. so i got on, downloaded wolfcamql8.3, copied the pk3's to the baseq3, btw i forgot to mention i extracted wolfcam to my desktop, then got quakelivedec, extracted to my desktop under QL Dec and copied the quakelivedec.c , quakelivedec.exe, and script.bat in the folder. brought up notepad, typed quakelivedec pak00.pk3 pak00.zip file>save and saved it to QL Dec, clicked on it, it brought up a little black thing then nothing happened. what's happening? because first i tried it, same problem, then forgot i didnt have wolfcam, so i got the wolfcam. do i need the wolfcam .pk3's and the quake live pk3's for it to work ? or not ?

DRAGISMAN PRODUCTIONS

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Why do you use such old versions? And why do you use your desktop for everything? That's the worst possible place for doing ANYTHING, especially when it involves command-line utilities, and actual paths.

Use C:\quakelive for qldec, and C:\wolfcamql for wolfcam. That's where they're "supposed" to be. I really should get brugal to fix the stupid forced homepath from ioQuake3...

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    Why do you use such old versions? And why do you use your desktop for everything? That's the worst possible place for doing ANYTHING, especially when it involves command-line utilities, and actual paths.

Use C:\quakelive for qldec, and C:\wolfcamql for wolfcam. That's where they're "supposed" to be. I really should get brugal to fix the stupid forced homepath from ioQuake3...
    I'm still using it because I don't want to have a possibility where something might have a problem. I'll update to the newest version once I finish the 2 videos I'm working on or if there's something in a new update that I can use that will actually help me with making my video. It works fine at the moment, so I have no need to update yet.
    I use my desktop because it's the easiest place for me to put it without having to search around to find the folders.

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I use my desktop because it's the easiest place for me to put it without having to search around to find the folders.
    i agree. i love drag and drop \

DRAGISMAN PRODUCTIONS

+ Reply to Thread