+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question concerning High ping adventures.

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar

Question concerning High ping adventures.

So I've decided I want to start hanging out and playing with the Euros, because they're awesome. Right now, about the best I ping in Europe is ~140 to Germany, ~160 to Spain.

What would be some ways I could set up my game to better compensate for this? I know there's some playing around that can be done with timenudge, but that's all I really know. Any help would be appreciated.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Banned CooloutAC has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    ask the south americans dude. They are friendly and will help you out since they are all HPBs. There is a special program and some tweaks in cfg you can do.

and they are even better then the euros.....real talk. because hanging in t4 on an american server with 150 ping is not easy dude lol...

you should already know who to ask...

marreta, juanpaman, any FUC or brasillian guy....etc.... this community is not that big.

and this forum is anti HPB dude. i would ask in-game.
    Last edited by CooloutAC; 11-29-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    Juan hates me though, for whatever reason.

I'll see if I can find cityy, figured this wouldn't hurt though.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Banned CooloutAC has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibers View Post
    Juan hates me though, for whatever reason.

I'll see if I can find cityy, figured this wouldn't hurt though.
    see how small this community is?

this community is racist against the south americans dude. they complain about their high ping. EVEN THOUGH THEY DON"T WARP. or they call him a cheater cause noone can own with that high ping....lmao...

most of the warpers are american cheaters man with 50 ping lmao.... the majority of south americans dont' even warp with their ping.

But the reason juan and marreta always get flamed. is cause they own veteran quakers with 3 times the ping. and they are hated for it. Just imagine if they had under 50 ping and use more lg hahah.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I put cl_projectilenudge to 80 just in case it actually does something.

Of course I normally keep my timenudge pretty high (-15 and -20).

The biggest problem I see is getting hit with rockets.. you just get bounced around brutally in a fight. Stay away from close range RL battles.

The other thing I see is that where the game shows you are is not where you're at. Your actual position is lagging behind you somewhere as evidenced by teleporter behavior and item pickups. Perhaps this is why rocket battles go so badly.. you have to really be almost clairevoyant to know where your hit cylinder actually is and the anti-lag side-effects are brutal at these pings.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    When I play US servers (120-160ms) I only change timenudge to -20 (sif it does any good, lol), adjust my rail pre-aim and spam rockets. Playing high ping is a different game imo.

Also be sure to rocketjump alot if you play CA, just in case you're warping
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Just out of curiosity, what's your ping to Keflavik (Iceland) and Maidenhead (UK) ? They ought to be better than Frankfurt and way better than Madrid.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

*Im_on_meth
    OP is a traitor.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    He wants to actually play the game. I wouldn't call that a traitor

Senior Member meister is on a distinguished road meister's Avatar
    cl_timenudge -20
    great command when u play with more than 90ms.

+ Reply to Thread