+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can Someone Kindly Post a Video of How to Perform a Strafe Jump from a Hand-&-KB Pers

*bOYXtraOrDINarE

Can Someone Kindly Post a Video of How to Perform a Strafe Jump from a Hand-&-KB Pers

-pective?

I used to play NetQuake ages ago, and so transitioning QuakeLive isn't impossible - BUT I'm not getting my strafe-jumps down.

I think it'd be a very useful video, should someone be willing to make it.

Or is there already one out?

Thanks,

BoyEx.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    It's unlikely to be as useful as you think, unless they've got exactly the same mouse settings as you (accel, and sens particularly). Even then, all you'll see is some dude wobbling his mouse around

I found these useful, when I was a nipper :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmJZV2bbLUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g24fe4bwu0
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    ^^. It certainly helped me become the best theoretical strafer ever
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Here's a good video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv2NvMoVkYU

I don't think you'll need a keyboard/mouse view, keyboard is just about what keys you press and at what time, it's explained in the video. Mouse is just used to turn and flick (and jump if bound to mouse2).

*bOYXtraOrDINarE
    I appreciate your responses enormously, gentlemen. Very useful.

Maybe I'll make the video I alluded to when I get the trick down :0

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bOYXtraOrDINarE View Post
    I appreciate your responses enormously, gentlemen. Very useful.

Maybe I'll make the video I alluded to when I get the trick down :0

I could put something like that together for you later today, but like has been previously stated it may get lost in translation a bit just due to sensitivities and the like.

Nevertheless. :P I'll work on that.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    There are cool videos on youtube with slowmotion and on-screen keypresses. Those are the most useful imo. Can't find it atm, sry
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Besides, people are afraid to post videos of themselves here. Would be mass ridicule.

Oh my god your hands are small! Oh my god you're pasty white!

Oh my god your hands are large, you must be so fat! Oh my god you don't clean your nails! Oh my god your nails are too pretty you must be a poofster! Oh my god your place looks poor you must be kenny from south park! etc. etc.

Member Jaza is on a distinguished road Jaza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bOYXtraOrDINarE View Post
    -pective?

I used to play NetQuake ages ago, and so transitioning QuakeLive isn't impossible - BUT I'm not getting my strafe-jumps down.

I think it'd be a very useful video, should someone be willing to make it.

Or is there already one out?

Thanks,

BoyEx.
    I think I could film one tomorrow. Any particular jumps you want to see?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
    You unintentionally added the greatest feature of premium membership.

+ Reply to Thread