+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any tips for increasing mouse friction?

Member slavemaster is on a distinguished road slavemaster's Avatar

Any tips for increasing mouse friction?

My trusty a4tech mouse died and I got an abyssus with goliathus speed pad and the thing is so light and glides so well its crazy..
    Got any tips to reduce the friction without damaging anything and that is reversible?
    I thought about putting some weight inside but I guess I lose the warranty or no?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    You could wear a powerglove. \sarcasm

You could buy some weighted gloves like this

Member szlovak is on a distinguished road
    use sandpaper And seriously lower your sensitivity. I had senns. 2,5 and when I changed slides I reduced it to 2.3, but I use cl_mouseaccel 0.2. I use WMO

Member slavemaster is on a distinguished road slavemaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by szlovak View Post
    use sandpaper And seriously lower your sensitivity. I had senns. 2,5 and when I changed slides I reduced it to 2.3, but I use cl_mouseaccel 0.2. I use WMO
    Nah, cant lower it much as my acc will go to sh1t.

Member szlovak is on a distinguished road
    nope for me, every time I lowered my sens , accuracy rised, always, but then my mouse pad was too small and I had to move too much with mouse so I had to make compromise. But I use acceleration so I can make fast moves and have high precision at once. All top players use acceleration: avek, cypher, rapha, coller, they can't be wrong

*function9
    Quote Originally Posted by szlovak View Post
    nope for me, every time I lowered my sens , accuracy rised, always, but then my mouse pad was too small and I had to move too much with mouse so I had to make compromise. But I use acceleration so I can make fast moves and have high precision at once. All top players use acceleration: avek, cypher, rapha, coller, they can't be wrong
    And arguably some of the best aimers don't use accel: strenx, tox, and stermy (I don't think he's using accel, but someone mentioned earlier this year he started to). And at least in cypher's and rapha's case, they're using medium (cypher) to high (rapha) sens already, with accel.

I'd say it's a matter of what's right and wrong for you and not anyone else. I've tried to force myself over the past months to use a sens of about 31-32cm/360 no accel with a wmo and qck+. While my aim is good in certain situations, overall this sens feels too limiting if I'm not in a perfect position to aim. So I have been playing lately with a sens about 26cm/360 and I find I can aim a lot better in a variety of situations/positions and it feels more comfortable.

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    I'd just get used to the lower friction. It'll end up benefitting your aim

+ Reply to Thread