+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More Players = Lower FPS?

Junior Member mrcrowley is on a distinguished road

More Players = Lower FPS?

At least for me it does.

1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 CA - I have 120-125 FPS pretty stable.

4v4, and 5v5 CA - 80-100 FPS, constantly changing but between those two values

FFA - Usually 80-100 FPS

Space Maps - 60-80 FPS (The more people there are, the more its is 60-70)

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Try disabling antivirus background scanning software. Fixed the exact problem and made me look for another av solution.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member burn is on a distinguished road
    Hello,

I would like to know whats ur CPU/GPU? ( just those two ).

Here's an exemple of a low-end old computer which can run this game 125fps/constant . 1 core 2.4ghz, 7800 gt..

Alot of people have FPS issues on certain maps with a certain amount of players. It's a bug that's been around forever and iD never fixed it.

I would suggest deleting repconfig.cfg and qzconfig.cfg then go on the website and Reset ur cfg in the options. Create a game, press ESC and and select " High Performance" config preset. Game will be ugly as hell, first go to advanced video options and select a texture filter (bilinear or trilinear) then it'll look much better already. Then work your config from there.

Should fix it. That's what i had to do on all my computers. (Worked for everyone i know with the same issue. )
    Last edited by burn; 11-27-2011 at 04:06 PM.

I have Intel Atom CPU D525, 1.8ghz and 4gb of RAM.
    I already have "High Performance" selected and that config comes with vertexlight and texture bits. This, plus some more tweaks outside of the game done to my computer, should have the game constant but its not.

What I mean by tweaks done to my computer is I disable Skype while Im playing and my antivirus, those are the only major things I could think of that would use my cpu and ram

*BILLYAPPLESEED
    Tell me, the hotter the fire, the more your hand burns?

Senior Member kamk is on a distinguished road
    You still didn't answer the GPU question. ION2, or the Intel onboard?
    Which operating system?

FYI: a standard 5-6 years old laptop (with dedicated crap graphics) or a 7-8 year old PC can easily run QL, depending on cfg settings, with stable 125 fps and 16v16 on silent night, or even 8v8 on small space maps - your Intel atom will never reach stable 125fps on every map with any player count with an Intel Atom. It's just way too weak (kinda the performance of a PIII).
    And ofc.: more players = more action = more performance needed
    void addict.

Member szlovak is on a distinguished road
    nope, standard laptop will not run QL smoothly, never. I play on Dell Latitude E5500, core2duo @2,53GHz, LCD is 1440x900, GPU is intel x4500, I lowered res to 1024x640 and have 125 Hz everywhere , but... on Asylum it's horrible even when no one is there, big FPS drop, and also during FFA play,, almost every map when there are many players at once, if only few players then it's good. This drop is so big that makes me lose, a bit strange since I have 60Hz LCD , so FPS drops are so fast that FPS meter can't show them precisely, probably below 60Hz , but stuttering is big and I'm dead. I have config so simple (vertex, picmip, simpleitems, low color etc., lowering resolution doesn't change anything even when 320x240) that only simpler it would be to turn off game. So usually only duel is left for me.
    Last edited by szlovak; 11-29-2011 at 03:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread