+ Reply to Thread

Thread: disabling smily bubbles

*_kaos_

disabling smily bubbles

Is there a way to disable the smiley bubbles when you get fragged?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    What are smiley bubbles?

cg_gibs 0 will disable the sparks and splat noise if you are gibbed.

*cuad
    He might be talking about the blue typing bubbles that appear with the "..." when a player is typing.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    They don't appear when you die though automatically. You have to enter the console or enter a chat mode.

There's no cvar to disable the "chat bubble" for others at this time. I don't think one has even been requested.

*_kaos_
    What I mean is, when you get killed theres a short period where you can see yourself lying dead, during that time a "..." appears in a chat bubble. Can that be disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by FreakySkills View Post
    Can you stop trolling everyone please...

_kaos_ : /cg_drawsprites 0
    ? How am I trolling?

cg_drawsprites is not a quake live cvar.

Nothing like what's being described appears above your head when you die unless you enter a chat or the console.

If you're talking about the little numbers that jump out when you kill someone, that's cg_scorePlums 1/0 (on by default).

There is no way in QL to hide the chat bubble at this time either for you or other players to my knowledge.

Banned Fudge911 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Withheld by the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    ? How am I trolling?

cg_drawsprites is not a quake live cvar.

Nothing like what's being described appears above your head when you die unless you enter a chat or the console.

If you're talking about the little numbers that jump out when you kill someone, that's cg_scorePlums 1/0 (on by default).

There is no way in QL to hide the chat bubble at this time either for you or other players to my knowledge.
    cg_picmip 5.23

+ Reply to Thread