+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Requests for Maps

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldTiger View Post
    Fun > Competition
    A game without competition will die sooner or later though.

Senior Member tucker is on a distinguished road tucker's Avatar
    Not everything has to be competitive. Think about the fact that games were originally designed to be fun, for instance. Also if id only focused on competitive maps it would severely limit what kind of maps they could add. And please give one reason why maps like "Double Impact", "Finnegan`s", or similar maps can`t be considered "competitive".

Plus, IIRC, Skyward was one of the more frequently requested ThreeWave maps. It was real popular back in the old days from what I`ve heard.

Fun > Competition

how can fun > competition when competition = fun.

If you havent played this game from both a fun and competitive perspective then you cant really have a valid argument

Member mrgreen is on a distinguished road
    And please give one reason why maps like "Double Impact", "Finnegan`s", or similar maps can`t be considered "competitive".
    You will never see these 2 maps in a league map pool. Ever. Double Impact is big enough for at least 5v5, and Finnegan's is just a horrible design.

ive played ONE game on double impact.. its not a good map by any means

a competitive map has good flow, good item placement, and good design. Both double impact and finnegan's have layouts that have a lot of right-hand turns. This makes for some frustrating strafes and its easy to catch a flag carrier in a corner. Also both maps have a LOT of armor and health at the disposal of flag d. On double impact you have a flag that you have to rocket jump to if you enter the base from one of 3 entrances. Its also easy to get lost in a winding map like double impact. Double impact reminds me of a UT map which is a slower paced game than Quake.

Its about good flow, and maintaining a high pace to the game
    Last edited by tucker; 02-16-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker_ View Post

a competitive map has good flow, good item placement, and good design. Both double impact and finnegan's have layouts that have a lot of right-hand turns. This makes for some frustrating strafes and its easy to catch a flag carrier in a corner. Also both maps have a LOT of armor and health at the disposal of flag d. On double impact you have a flag that you have to rocket jump to if you enter the base from one of 3 entrances. Its also easy to get lost in a winding map like double impact. Double impact reminds me of a UT map which is a slower paced game than Quake.

I want a brown pony, not a pink one....

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker_ View Post

Ahh, I didn`t know that. I thought that connectivity and good item layout were enough, but I suppose it isn`t. I still wouldn`t say it`s not good, but now that I look at it I can agree with you on a couple of points. Thanks for letting me know. So a good CTF map basically has smooth large turns rather than tight ones so the FC can strafe quickly.

Thanks again for helping to increase my knowledge!
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by swampy25 View Post
    I want a brown pony, not a pink one....
    i apologize

http://thephoenix.com/BLOGS/blogs/ph...0butterfly.jpg

Senior Member pr0mega is on a distinguished road pr0mega's Avatar

Add these maps (CTF)

If you guys were to add these maps to QL you will make every CTF person happy and it would be probably the best update for CTF.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/730/q3wcp9.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6359/q3wcp17.jpg

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/1449/q3wcp18.jpg

Add these and I'm sure you won't see as many topics about adding new CTF maps.

Maps names** q3wcp17, q3wcp18, q3wcp9

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    I agree, plus several other maps. Though they should be renamed so that we don`t have a repitition of "Crossings" in the names. My suggested names would be Googolplex, (cp9) Divided, (cp17) and Moonrover (cp18)

Then again, I just hope these maps won`t "wash out" the others. While these maps can be great fun (nothing like nuking a kamikaze in the other guy`s base on cp9 - and yes I play these in Team Arena) variety is always good and I hope they don`t crop up votes like dm6 does in premium. It`s probably going to happen though. Nothing against your suggestion, I`m talking about the crowd who loves to callvote dm6 / Overkill / Thunderstruck over and over again.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Senior Member warning123 is on a distinguished road
    wcp18 <3 forever

you forgot to mention wcp14 it has a dm6 feel in the crossing area

+ Reply to Thread