+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Requests for Maps

Senior Member Anhedonic is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by visje View Post
    If cp9 and cp15 are (re-)introduced i will come back to ql, premiumed and all that.
    That's nice but there's still a catch22 going on in here.

People will get premium if more maps are added, maps (especially 3w) aren't cheap, so subscribing will help get those highly requested maps.

However, it just takes one leap of faith from either id or the community - should you pay them up for a year of service or should they implement maps first and then gets subscribers.

My stance on this is that id should do the first step, it's a risky move, I'm pretty sure at least 30% of those who claim they'd go pro if the map was implemented are just bluffing and will be whining because of other things.

I understand both sides, the CTF community and id.
    It's really risky for id to release anything because they receive negative feedback and more complains by the ever-whining community.
    Despite that, q3wcp9 should be added because it's indisputably the most requested map by the community at the moment.
    <Anhedonic> DOGS HAVE LEGS
    * Anhedonic has quit IRC (Signed off)

* SyncError sets mode: +m #quakelive

<SyncError> Everyone please note...
    <SyncError> Dogs have legs.
    <SyncError> Okay carry on.
    * SyncError sets mode: -m #quakelive

Senior Member xdc is on a distinguished road xdc's Avatar
    new maps first, if they added those maps now i can just see players ignoring other maps.
    ex: ztn in duel

Junior Member XII is on a distinguished road XII's Avatar
    also cp18 will be a great addon

*CitizenCaned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhedonic View Post
    That's nice but there's still a catch22 going on in here.

People will get premium if more maps are added, maps (especially 3w) aren't cheap, so subscribing will help get those highly requested maps.

However, it just takes one leap of faith from either id or the community - should you pay them up for a year of service or should they implement maps first and then gets subscribers.
    I imagine a lot of players would be more willing to risk a monthly subscription than the annual sub which is the only one currently available.

Junior Member KiLotr is on a distinguished road
    Another request for q3wcp9 and the 3w maps in general. If they're added to premium I'll be sure to get me a subscription.

Junior Member hT is on a distinguished road
    i sometimes get upset when i ask myself why q3wcp9 isnt added 2 ql.

*Poros1ty
    wcp19 was one of my favorites, much more so than wcp18.

Just bring all the 3w maps.

Senior Member uaedude is on a distinguished road
    wcp18 and all other 3w maps offcourse but please add wcp18 and wcp14 first

Member mrgreen is on a distinguished road
    Agreed on all the maps mentioned above - the current QL map selection is getting stale, and adding silly maps like "Skyward" which will never even be considered a competitive maps isn't helping the competitive scene. TDM on the other hand has gotten plenty of great new maps and as a result is seeing some new attention lately, while CTF continues to be essentially ignored from a mapping perspective. If only id would quit adding things like "flag bounces" and nerfing weapons like shotgun, but rather focused on creating new and engaging content perhaps things would be a little different.

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    Not everything has to be competitive. Think about the fact that games were originally designed to be fun, for instance. Also if id only focused on competitive maps it would severely limit what kind of maps they could add. And please give one reason why maps like "Double Impact", "Finnegan`s", or similar maps can`t be considered "competitive".

Plus, IIRC, Skyward was one of the more frequently requested ThreeWave maps. It was real popular back in the old days from what I`ve heard.

Fun > Competition
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

+ Reply to Thread