+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Requests for Maps

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    And you expect Apple to be forced into telling their paying customers the release date of the iPhone 5 too?
    Or Google to give up the Nexus 3 date?
    apple customers expect to be told whether anything is happening within apple at all. not complete silence until a couple hours before the launch of their next product, or leaked info

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    apple customers expect to be told whether anything is happening within apple at all. not complete silence until a couple hours before the launch of their next product, or leaked info
    ?
    yes, apple have never sued anyone for leaking their info early, also no one has ever been furious with apple for releasing product n+1 shortly after product n has just been purchased. <rollseyes> </sarc>

Member esdf is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by _adam View Post
    good responses.

esdf is somebody who has no experience of cp9 and cp15 iirc. he is coming from a position of ignorance, and should be ignored because of his ignorance.
    you don't remember correctly. now, s-t-f-u and add on pickup.

Junior Member _adam is on a distinguished road
    yakumo,

if we were apples customers, and we wanted xyz feature which we had before, which we do not have now, but we know that this feature would improve our own personal user experience, and many other user's experience, then there is no wrong in seeking an official stance on where apple are up to in returning this feature.

the only cause of arguement you can have with any of my original post, is maybe the way i have gone about it. ultimately the facts are this:

1. these two maps will bring major enjoyment to the current scene.
    2. iD have not let us know what they are doing, what they are not doing, what they are prepared to do, about returning these maps to us.

the only reason why you would go against this thread, and the objective of this thread, is because of the way i have gone about my original post. seeing as though the whole point of this thread, is to bring positivity to ql.

Junior Member _adam is on a distinguished road
    and Yakumo, i'm sure if i spent enough time, i could find a flaw in your analogy. but i'd like to direct your posts more towards the benefit of having these two maps, rather than the way i communicated my original intentions.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    I'm quite into CTF and back in the days Threewave, and yeah QL needs to focus a bit more on CTF as it's been sorely neglected. Hopefully it'll change in future, but damn, give Id a chance. They've added 4 more Threewave maps in the last few months and I'd expect that more will come soon.

Senior Member visje is on a distinguished road
    If cp9 and cp15 are (re-)introduced i will come back to ql, premiumed and all that.

*amjw
    i'd rather see wcp18, wcp22 and wcp23 over wcp15 because i find them a lot more fun. wcp9 is a given though, i was surprised that wasn't a map among the premiums when QL left beta.

*mrkzjn
    ID don't have money to pay the rights of 3W maps LOL, and prolly they won't add them in future updates.

Junior Member norkgb is on a distinguished road
    Quake ctf got popular when ThreewaveCTF mod company joined them to help out with the fun factors of CTF and they did the same for UT and thats why UT ctf is a legend, why do u only ask for spidercrossing q3wcp9 and q3wcp15 only? what about Future crossings q3wcp18 and vast ? and what about q3wcp23 and q3wcp14 ?

here are the maps u requested if u want to give it a test for your selves in practice

otherTopCTFmaps Download Link

just remember type /s_ambient 0 and /vid_restart because theirs a sound problem when i converted it to Quakelive

extract them to baseq3 folder
    maps included in this rar file are
    13vast
    map_cpmctf2
    q3wxs1
    q3wxs2
    q3wcp9
    q3wcp14
    q3wcp18

The Threewave maps are in their original pak files , i just deleted the other maps like q3wcp1 q3wcp2.. etc. because the list is big and it makes the pak files huge.
    u dont need to reconvert them to quake3 if u want to see and modify it anymore your selves because the work is done for u.

remember to run the pak files in the right way and dont end up typing /map q3wpak0 because it wont work .
    q3wpak0 consists of 1 map which is q3wxs1 so type /map q3wxs1 to load the map within that pak file
    for q3wpak1 it consists of 3 maps q3wcp9 and q3wcp14 and q3wxs2 , ( /map q3wcp9 , /map q3wcp14 , /map q3wxs2 )
    and q3wpak4 consists of 1 map q3wcp18 , ( /map q3wcp18 )

you will love q3wcp18 everyone does the textures are just amazing it sure is a futurecrossing map

+ Reply to Thread