+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Requests for Maps

Member esdf is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sample2501 View Post
    why should they pay someone to think about a good layout and so on if there are already awesome maps that many people here even don't know. for them the maps would be new! and for peope who already played them, i think everyone would be glad to see them in QL.
    i just think its useless to waste money on old crap instead of making new and better maps. and just because 90% of q3 ctf community didnt even want to test any map outside for 3w map pack for whole 10 years, it doesn't mean there isnt or cant be made a better map then p9.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by esdf View Post
    i just think its useless to waste money on old crap instead of making new and better maps. and just because 90% of q3 ctf community didnt even want to test any map outside for 3w map pack for whole 10 years, it doesn't mean there isnt or cant be made a better map then p9.
    ive played several dozen ctf maps, and none of them come close to wcp9 or the other 3w maps. they simply are the best. its not a waste of money to get something that has withstood the test of time, but it is a waste of money to pay for a map that might fail miserably (ctf5 failed, but that wasnt a new map. its just an example of newly-introduced maps failing).

Junior Member Dr4kE_ is on a distinguished road
    plz wcp9, wcp15, w7, wcp22 plz plz plz

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pllx View Post
    Let's say ctf2 is the exception which proves the rule then

I've always wondered if we are good on maps we like or if we like maps where we are good
    im not that good on wcp9, but its my favorite map. generally we dont like maps we arent good on, so i guess it goes the other way too: we like maps we're good on.

Junior Member _adam is on a distinguished road
    good responses.

esdf is somebody who has no experience of cp9 and cp15 iirc. he is coming from a position of ignorance, and should be ignored because of his ignorance.

so iD are aware, i'm sure many people would actually donate. but obviously we need to know the current situation between you and 3w. its time to be honest with us.

Member mrgreen is on a distinguished road
    Bump... also interested in bringing much needed attention to CTF. Need some new (or old) good competitive maps - maps people will actually play in tourneys.

Junior Member Reeseend is on a distinguished road
    cp9, cp14, cp15, cp22, w5, w7 and even wxs1 should all be added. you added cp1 aka japanese castles and it's the most played ctf map in pickup, pracs, officials atm.

I understand (don't like) you want to cover up bugfixes with premium content updates, but saving best for last isn't really smart imo.

People are leaving already. People won't renew memberships. Why aren't you doing something about that?

I agree with adam, an update about this topic from ID would be fair.

Senior Member sample2501 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by esdf View Post
    there is something called "the test of time". it means that something has endured a long period of time without getting forgotten and is thought of to be good (to put it simple).
    shakespear in literature f.ex, or the movie casablanca...
    and this applies also to games/maps

so, it's not "old crap", you could(should?) call it classics

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _adam View Post
    What is the official stance on these maps?

As a paying customer I expect to be told the offical stance on these maps, not an IRC #quakelive OP basically saying 'i can't say'.
    And you expect Apple to be forced into telling their paying customers the release date of the iPhone 5 too?
    Or Google to give up the Nexus 3 date?

I'm sorry but being a paying customer doesn't give you a right to internal information.

They also aren't going to make up release dates for things they may not have aquired, or may not even have plans on aquiring either.

edit: In fact with these maps it's more like demanding Apple to tell you when Apple is going to release the Nexus 3 ;p
    Last edited by Yakumo; 11-19-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Senior Member Salamatiqus is on a distinguished road Salamatiqus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sample2501 View Post
    ... or the movie casablanca...
    http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/719...rbaratitle.jpg
    bind END "quit'

+ Reply to Thread