+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Requests for Maps

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    You still have not provided a single reason specific reason why maps from other games would work on QL, as in per each map analysis.

And it's obvious why I'm being arrogant: You are banned, you should have be banned 3 times already, and you have no clue how to play QL in first place yet you are discussing about it.
    Jesus... this kid's like a stuck record. I think we're done here. Yeah we're done.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    Jesus... this kid's like a stuck record. I think we're done here. Yeah we're done.
    Mega is being a ferrous cranus :-)

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Yeah Lorfa I think the right approach here is to be the better man and just let him be. Two threads have gone to the trash because of him, responding only makes it worse.

*Rammsteiner
    I love Quake 2. I've been playing it since I was 2 or 3 when my uncle introduced me to it (I'm an 18 y-o Quake fan). I would like all of the other Quake 2 DM reincarnations (2-7 inclsv.), not just Q2DM1 (Edge) and Q2DM8 (Warehouse). Also some other important story Quake 2 maps should be included (such as SECURITY, BOSS2, the WASTE* maps, POWER* maps, BASE1, etc). The community Quake 2 maps weren't bad either like The Rage (ZTN2DM3), that bounce pad map (ZTN2DM1), and so on.

Junior Member FraKctured is on a distinguished road
    more RA3 MAPS!!!!!!
    PLZ!!
    and multi team mode plz

Junior Member Sergey_Olshin is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

mkbase.gif
    mkbaselg.jpg

I want (and other russian players) to see very popular and interesting map ARX08 (MKBASE). Please, add it on servers. You will see positive result and new players. I will say to my friends about this map.
    Please, please, please, add... I beg you!

http://lvlworld.com/review.php?id=899

Description - "Every now and then a map comes by that is simple and elegant with sweet game play - this happens to be one of them. A CTF map with a number of paths to the Flag room, smooth texturing, architecture and game play that will keep you coming back for more. There is nothing that stands out with this map but nothing needs to. The only nit-pick is the two 25 health balls right next to the Flag. Anyone making a run for the Flag also picks up 50 health. The level makes for a very enjoyable Team Play level or large FFA as well but CTF is where the map shines. Bots navigate the level well without any signs of problems."

And review of one player...

"A very enjoyable CTF map. The ikbase textures are smooth and used well in the map, the architecture is good and gameplay is excellent. Bots navigate the map really good and without any signs of problems. The item placement is excellent but the rocket launcher could have been placed a bit further away from the center of the map. The connectivity of the map is really good with a number of paths to the flag room.
    Bots seemed to travel through the center of the map to get the enemies flag. I spotted a few times that bots go for the rail gun but never use the sides of the map to get the enemies flag."
    Last edited by Sergey_Olshin; 03-06-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Just by looking at the screenshot on lvlworld I can tell it has potential and is the type of ctf maps QL is missing.

Actually haven't visited that site in some time and the latest maps seem pretty good.

edit: now that I got stuck on that site I just noticed the most requested missing ctf maps (wcp17, wcp18 and others) are from the same author: dan "scancode" gold. The same guy created cp9 (spider crossings), which is in quake live so the devs know where he is and got the authorization for at least one map.
    Last edited by megaman3; 03-06-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey_Olshin View Post
    Attachment 2187
    Attachment 2188

I want (and other russian players) to see very popular and interesting map ARX08 (MKBASE). Please, add it on servers. You will see positive result and new players. I will say to my friends about this map.
    Please, please, please, add... I beg you!

http://lvlworld.com/review.php?id=899

Description - "Every now and then a map comes by that is simple and elegant with sweet game play - this happens to be one of them. A CTF map with a number of paths to the Flag room, smooth texturing, architecture and game play that will keep you coming back for more. There is nothing that stands out with this map but nothing needs to. The only nit-pick is the two 25 health balls right next to the Flag. Anyone making a run for the Flag also picks up 50 health. The level makes for a very enjoyable Team Play level or large FFA as well but CTF is where the map shines. Bots navigate the level well without any signs of problems."

And review of one player...

"A very enjoyable CTF map. The ikbase textures are smooth and used well in the map, the architecture is good and gameplay is excellent. Bots navigate the map really good and without any signs of problems. The item placement is excellent but the rocket launcher could have been placed a bit further away from the center of the map. The connectivity of the map is really good with a number of paths to the flag room.
    Bots seemed to travel through the center of the map to get the enemies flag. I spotted a few times that bots go for the rail gun but never use the sides of the map to get the enemies flag."
    It looks a bit too open in my opinion. While this can work on some maps, they generally aren't accepted with open arms because of how effectively railing is. I know there's multiple people that dislike maps like Troubled Waters as well because they're very rail-heavy maps (In mid), so having a wide open area like this is just asking for trouble.

It wouldn't hurt to try though. I'm never against getting new (good) CTF maps in the game

Senior Member lmiol is on a distinguished road
    BEATBOX (ztn3dm2)

*ceviche
    ra3map11.... and let us play dm6 again.... please?

+ Reply to Thread