+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 99 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast

Thread: Requests for Server Locations

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    Is it mandatory for hosting to be provided by legal entity? I'm an individual with 100mbit fiber directly connected to ISP's core at home. I think even tenth of my bandwidth is enough to host this game. I could host dedicated Debian box and expand QL servers more to the east, but I guess ID won't be interested in that

Junior Member BadBoyKilla is on a distinguished road
    There are plenty of people who would host your servers in Romania. You could look for a new host in Romania, and make those servers top notch for Eastern Europe, like the DEU servers are for Western Europe. Since our position is exactly in the middle, my ideea is perfect. Everybody can connect, with 20-30 ping

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Flang3r View Post
    Is it mandatory for hosting to be provided by legal entity? I'm an individual with 100mbit fiber directly connected to ISP's core at home. I think even tenth of my bandwidth is enough to host this game. I could host dedicated Debian box and expand QL servers more to the east, but I guess ID won't be interested in that
    Obvious things would be to provide which location you are in (probably the US has more than enough servers, just some with bad providers), upload speed, if it'll work 24/7 and a detailed description of the dedicated PC to be used. Then sign some contracts and so on, and all that probably for free.

No idea about this (lol) but the obvious thing to ask is this: do you think your interwebz and dedicated PC can handle 25 servers with 250 users total at the same time? It's not something everyone can host as an individual; probably very few in the world.
    Also I think you have to reach syncerror (e-mail), because that's how it worked for other locations.

With all that said it's pretty clear it is giving away quite a lot of money and putting dedication into it. Reaching id software, massive connection, massive PC that has to be used only for hosting the servers, being legally in charge, paying the associated bills, making sure it runs smoothly 24/7 and lag free, etc....and all that in a location that would be beneficial for the game.
    That's why there are plenty of places without servers: no one is willing to do all that for free, and that includes brazil and all the rest (I know middle east is an exception since they offered all that but whatever). Also that's the reason why the easiest and cheapest (even free for players too) way to do it is the old school way: using a regular game servers provider (i.e. tastyspleen) instead of hosting them by your own (no one did that in the past and still no one does).
    Last edited by megaman3; 09-10-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Junior Member BadBoyKilla is on a distinguished road
    there are individuals who are willing to host servers, on the community's expenses, but ID doesn't even want that...

*notworking
    Quote Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
    Obvious things would be to provide which location you are in (probably the US has more than enough servers, just some with bad providers), upload speed, if it'll work 24/7 and a detailed description of the dedicated PC to be used. Then sign some contracts and so on, and all that probably for free.

No idea about this (lol) but the obvious thing to ask is this: do you think your interwebz and dedicated PC can handle 25 servers with 250 users total at the same time? It's not something everyone can host as an individual; probably very few in the world.
    Also I think you have to reach syncerror (e-mail), because that's how it worked for other locations.

With all that said it's pretty clear it is giving away quite a lot of money and putting dedication into it. Reaching id software, massive connection, massive PC that has to be used only for hosting the servers, being legally in charge, paying the associated bills, making sure it runs smoothly 24/7 and lag free, etc....and all that in a location that would be beneficial for the game.
    That's why there are plenty of places without servers: no one is willing to do all that for free, and that includes brazil and all the rest (I know middle east is an exception since they offered all that but whatever). Also that's the reason why the easiest and cheapest (even free for players too) way to do it is the old school way: using a regular game servers provider (i.e. tastyspleen) instead of hosting them by your own (no one did that in the past and still no one does).
    You know I could get a server in Singapore for relatively cheap. And it'd fulfill all the server and bandwidth requirements they want.

The problem is I don't know how to get in contact with anyone (SyncError's account on here doesn't allow PM's).

Being legally in charge of it? Whoever is running this is going to have to let me know details about that. I know the QL server code may be different from Q3A, but processors have come a long way in the past decade so I bet one 'medium size' server would fit the bill.

So if anyone who is behind the wheel on this thing wants to get one in Singapore, let me know.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by notworking View Post
    You know I could get a server in Singapore for relatively cheap. And it'd fulfill all the server and bandwidth requirements they want.

The problem is I don't know how to get in contact with anyone (SyncError's account on here doesn't allow PM's).

Being legally in charge of it? Whoever is running this is going to have to let me know details about that. I know the QL server code may be different from Q3A, but processors have come a long way in the past decade so I bet one 'medium size' server would fit the bill.

So if anyone who is behind the wheel on this thing wants to get one in Singapore, let me know.
    Google should help, since as I said you have to reach them and not the opposite, and requirements are very strict therefore expensive (no idea how much it'd cost in Singapore but there everything costs so much it's absurd)

*boauweebster
    when do we have a New Zealand server ???!!!

there are a lot of players in new zealand , we demand a server , please think about that .

thank u so much

Junior Member Radiobox is on a distinguished road
    It is depressing play with Ping~90/100, We need a server in Bogota, Caracas or Miami.

~MORE SERVERS TO LATINAMERICA~
    Board: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 / Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 / CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 @ 3.30Ghz / GPU: ASUS ENGTX560 Ti DCII TOP 2DI 1GD5 / HD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA-3 / HP: Sony MDR-XD100 / KB: Generic / Memory: G.SKILL RipjawsX 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz / Monitor: DELL E207WFP / Mouse: Generic / OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 / PSU: CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W / WLAN: ALFA Network AWUS036NH Optical-Fiber 4-MB.

*bloodycat
    A New Zealand server !!

since u guys have cancelled perth'server , we need a newzealand server , no matter in christchurch ,wellington or auckland !!!

*ZUKO_NINJA

Server

There should server in China for Indian, Pakistan, Bangladesh players

+ Reply to Thread