+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Requests for Server Locations

Senior Member Turbulence is on a distinguished road Turbulence's Avatar
    F1 Yes Please at least it'll stop my Viking Friends from moaning Trondhiem, Bergen or Oslo maybe ?
    Thawing Friends in Q3 iFT since 2002

*PresidentLula
    This is so ridiculous.

I've created a topic about a brazilian server in a year ago (with diff. acc), and after many, many answers in the topic, none admin came to do something. You just don't give a damn about it.

And we do have enough players to play in a brazilian server, probably more than Argentina and Chile. Our country covers almost 50% of the South America, and Quake is a pretty common game here. Brazilians really know about the game.

Why create a chilean server if 80-90% of its servers are not occupied? They just don't have enough players, while in Argentina the same thing tends to happen too...

One more thing I want to point out is the fact that we brazilians have to play with 200 ping against americans and then suffer with some kind of prejudice because of the ping and also their ignorance, so just create a server for us and then you let the community separated. Believe me, it's so much better to do that. The competition gets stronger.

I have the feeling you guys just don't care about Brazil. Maybe because you think we are third world and probably we won't have many players to use the servers. Well, I'm sorry if you guys don't think in this way, but if you do, I must say it's ridiculous this thought. Brazil is very competitive in many games, as you can see our perfomance in tourneys like WCG and ESWC.

To sum up, just create a server for us. I know it's not easy, but I bet it's not that hard too.

I hope I get some attention and answers from admins.

Thanks.
    Last edited by PresidentLula; 09-19-2010 at 01:13 PM.

*PresidentLula
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentLula View Post
    just create a server for us. I know it's not easy, but I bet it's not that hard too.
    I just remembered another thing.

With all due respect to this country, but even SOUTH AFRICA has a server, so probably I'm not lying when I say it's NOT that hard to create a server for us.

Administrator Ordus is on a distinguished road Ordus's Avatar
    We understand that playing on a server with high ping can be very frustrating and that a Brazilian server would help a lot of players to get more enjoyment out of the game.

We are currently still trying to expand our server support for several regions and Brazil is most certainly one of the regions we are looking at. However, finding hosts and setting up servers for QUAKE LIVE is a time intense project and thus will unfortunately take a while.

Senior Member vanBasten is on a distinguished road vanBasten's Avatar
    l
    WHY NOT A SERVER IN LIMA-PERU?, LOCATED IN THE MIDDLE OF SOUTH AMERICA, PEOPLE FROM ECUADOR, BRAZIL, BOLIVIA, COLOMBIA. COULD PLAY WITH A DECENT PING.

http://www.viatermal.com/mappolitsud...a_politico.jpg
    "THE CHILI PEPPERS HAVE BABY APPEAL"

*PresidentLula
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordus View Post
    We understand that playing on a server with high ping can be very frustrating and that a Brazilian server would help a lot of players to get more enjoyment out of the game.

We are currently still trying to expand our server support for several regions and Brazil is most certainly one of the regions we are looking at. However, finding hosts and setting up servers for QUAKE LIVE is a time intense project and thus will unfortunately take a while.
    I'll try to help you guys by making some contacts with websites of games here in Brazil. Have you tried to contact 'Terra Games', 'UOL Jogos'?

Also there's 'esbr', which is a website made for news in e-sport, but they know a lot about servers, host and stuff in diffent games, so they can give you a tip about this project. I think they may help.

ps: @vanBasten -> lol at your post. I love sarcasm.

Junior Member elroS is on a distinguished road
    so what's the current status about turkey servers?Any study about it?

Junior Member bLooDthoR is on a distinguished road
    Heh, never saw Turkish players as yet. Well, Xenojji has a Turkish flag in his profile, but he is not Turkish at all (pro player fake instead).
    "Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

*Shock_
    Quote Originally Posted by vanBasten View Post
    l
    WHY NOT A SERVER IN LIMA-PERU?, LOCATED IN THE MIDDLE OF SOUTH AMERICA, PEOPLE FROM ECUADOR, BRAZIL, BOLIVIA, COLOMBIA. COULD PLAY WITH A DECENT PING.
    What about the east side of Brazil?

With all due respect to Quake Live, you guys need to make servers THROUGHOUT Brazil. They have a server in South African and that's across the ocean. Us America's need to stick together. North and South. Brazilian players are most likely great and they get insulted by all kinds of players from around the world because their ping interferes with their skill. There's even a Brazilian clan, BRA, which would most likely do better if they had their own servers to practice on.

Face it. Brazil is big. Brazil is almost the size or about the same size as the United States. Brazil is the biggest country in South America. And not just Brazil, but all of South America that is being neglected of servers. What would be the point of only putting servers in Argentina and Chile but not the rest? Those countries are even near the south pole. Polar bears aren't gonna purchase any PRO memberships.

Senior Member vanBasten is on a distinguished road vanBasten's Avatar
    l
    IN FACT, WE THE SOUTH AMERICAN PLAYERS NEED MORE SERVERS IN DIFFERENTS COUNTRIES, NOT ONLY IN BRAZIL, COUNTRIES LIKE:

*BRAZIL
    *ECUADOR
    *COLOMBIA
    *PERU
    *VENEZUELA

NO DISCRIMINATION, BUT THE REST OF COUNTRIES DON'T HAVE QUAKE LIVE PLAYERS
    Last edited by vanBasten; 09-29-2010 at 08:36 AM.
    "THE CHILI PEPPERS HAVE BABY APPEAL"

+ Reply to Thread