+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spinning while looking at the floor? Here's the fix!

Junior Member Sketched is on a distinguished road
    Try killing your config files so they are newly written, sorry, but you'll probably have to go back to default config and set all your configuration again.... Whoever wrote the script to change your config files didn't just change this one, and another prank is to make the config files read only, so they keep reverting back to the way they are, and although you change the config in the game, it's not written to the config file, so it keeps starting the game with the same **!!! Not sure how these are being spread just yet, but I'm investigating... Probably the same jerks who hack the bots, and win instagib and CTF matches in about a minute and a half, then log off the instant the game's over... Also watch for unwritable hidden files which won't show up on most windows machines until you tweak the UAC and windows config to be able to see hidden files, with all atributes enabled.... Try putting "/in_nograb" in the console without a value and see what it returns.... alternately, you could get the complete QL console command listing and look for your own problem, like I had to.... But, it's just a little rougher than forum cruising, so be prepared to invest a fair amount of time into the investigation, and be sure to share any insights with all your QL brethren here in the forums afterwards... :-P

*QueenWillow
    thanks for posting this!! = )

Junior Member KingboyD00 is on a distinguished road
    This fix only works for a few minutes. Then it reoccurs. Aside from the downward facing mouse and auto firing, I lose sound and the screen size changed (I don't play with fullscreen). I can't change any screen settings - the FOV makes no difference, nor do the others. Now health bar is not displayed. The game window also started appearing within the main Quakelive home window rather than replacing it, so I can screen down and lose the game window. Before, it took over and was the only thing in the window.

*olelady
    ooh thank you.. I was going nuts!!

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingboyD00 View Post
    This fix only works for a few minutes. Then it reoccurs.
    Until this is permanently fixed, you can make a key binding like this:
    bind <KEY> "in_nograb 0; s_volume <VOLUME>"
    (pick a key and replace with your normal s_volume setting)
    And just press it when you need it.
    the screen size changed
    Try pressing + or just set cg_viewsize 100 in the console.

Junior Member KingboyD00 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks. Using the + / - keys does increase size, but I can't get the health bar to reappear. Its there when I play fullscreen, but not in the smaller version, which I prefer (the full screen seems distorted and makes me nauseous :P ). Also, the game window when not fullscreen seems smaller than ususal and I can't figure out how to enlarge it or make it take over the open window. Any ideas for how to make health reappear and enlarge the view screen? Thanks in advance.

Junior Member screampie is on a distinguished road
    I use these settings in my autoexec :
    Code:
    seta r_mode "-1"
    seta r_customwidth "1440"
    seta r_customheight "1080"
    seta r_inBrowserMode "12"
    do they make the bug more likely to occur?

*XenonWarrior
    It still doesnt work. I just keep looking down and spinning

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XenonWarrior View Post
    It still doesnt work. I just keep looking down and spinning
    Try in_restart as well

Member Ohn0es is on a distinguished road
    What causes this?
    Arena is full. Team size is currently set to 8.

+ Reply to Thread