+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: best keyboard/mouse for gaming ?

Junior Member raeg is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dragisman View Post
    i'd like one under 30 euros and from a cool brand like alienware, razer, etc.
    Oh but your OP post was about good mouse and keyboard.

Sarcasm aside, after a plethora of testing different stuff (I got a mouse graveyard here) I'm atm playing a CM Storm Spawn and a Rokcat Arvo and I'm really loving the setup. The Arvo is a compact keyboard (can't play anything else anymore it's like day and night) with decent triggers, feels right. And the CM Spawn is pretty much the best mouse I had in hands for a very very long time. VERY LONG TIME. Like 8 years or so. I don't have any complaints whatsoever. It's also the first mouse ever for me that I didn't have to put other glides on. The stock feet are plain awesome (Every other company on the market doesn't seem to know what good mousefeet are). Well there is one little gripe I hadf at start which is the fact that you only got 800, 1600 or 3200 dpi settings and no 400 (which I was used to for years). But it didn't take long for me to adapt and it's, well it's awesome in my eyes. It's a claw grip mouse which can also be played palm but is very short for the latter (still works fine).

Well yes, that's my recommendation. But my recommendation would also be , test yourself and make up your own mind you indecisive blarg.

Senior Member Jigglypuff is on a distinguished road Jigglypuff's Avatar
    I'm very happy with my Sidewinder X4 and Sidewinder X5.
    Join Quakeliveburgers (lll] @ The Clan Recruitment forum

Member szlovak is on a distinguished road
    i saw one of Razor's keyboards that was looking horrible after some time, black lacquer worn out, making leds underneath glow whole keys, not mentioning that you could not tell what key it was. Of course you could say from heart but why pay so much money since normal keyboard has NEVER issues like this.

I play on WMO }) and laptop keyboard. If I would buy keyboard , I would choose one that has smooth working buttons and with little depth needed to have them pressed. If keyboard would be good in these things then I think it's not that important if it is USB or PS/2 , but PS/2 is faster
    Last edited by szlovak; 11-28-2011 at 04:03 AM.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by szlovak View Post
    If keyboard would be good in these things then I think it's not that important if it is USB or PS/2 , but PS/2 is faster
    Its only important for the xKRO (x key rollover/anti-ghosting/multiple keypresses). For example, a NKRO keyboard (where you can push all buttons at once and have them all register) only works fully when connected via PS/2. USB only supports 6 keys pressed at once. Also, every USB device drains CPU power. As far as I know, PS/2 works with hardware interrupts and therefore doesn't increase CPU load. I assume thats what you meant with "faster".
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Member szlovak is on a distinguished road
    I found this: http://superuser.com/questions/16893...respond-faster maybe it's not truth. File is there: http://www.springerlink.com/content/bh57u1v8m81mu764/fulltext.pdf

Standard PC keyboard works with 10-16,7kHz and if one key press takes 22 bits to send ,then you get about 760Hz maximum or 454Hz minimum frequency. And when you use usb you get 125Hz if you don't overclock USB port. But nobody presses buttons so fast But It is when one key is pressed. Usually you have only 2 keys pressed at once, so it would be half the frequency fos PC keyboard. If USB is in use we have 12Mbps in fastest mode for USB1.1 and i strongly doubt any keyboard uses USB2.0 mode. So there comes a tiny tiny, almost not worth calculating delay at frequency USB port is scanned, depends how may data is sent during USB transmission . Besides , USB chips are more complex.

+ Reply to Thread