• Yes, its standard in any Chat system

110 80.29%
  • No

4 2.92%
  • I dont care

23 16.79%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Option to turn OFF the friendlist.

Senior Member kamk is on a distinguished road
    @zeroslaw & Turbulence:
    Well, would be nice if they start with the basics. Think it would keep some people, and help especially the quake newbies.

My basic suggestions would be:
    - option to turn off the FL / or fixing the ingame notification / lag
    - offline messages or PM system
    - basic community features for clans and players maybe
    void addict.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Don't take my word for it, but I think I remember an explanation from the beta days. I think it was stated that those messages (XXX is now online) directly come from the xmpp server. Maybe this is a reason why its a bit more complicated to fix.

A question (out of curiosity) to the people experiencing those lags, how many people do you have on your friendslist?
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    Don't take my word for it, but I think I remember an explanation from the beta days. I think it was stated that those messages (XXX is now online) directly come from the xmpp server. Maybe this is a reason why its a bit more complicated to fix.

A question (out of curiosity) to the people experiencing those lags, how many people do you have on your friendslist?
    I'm wanting to say that I've got like 40-50 friends...but I'm not sure on the exact amount
    it also doesn't help to have several friends that have bad connection and they lag online and offline every now and then...

Junior Member minibi is on a distinguished road
    An option would be nice to disable the ingame notifications for on or offline coming friends.
    Last edited by Lam; 12-17-2010 at 03:23 AM.

Senior Member Turbulence is on a distinguished road Turbulence's Avatar
    i had about 300 in my friends list all players that i knew and could follow me and join games etc and see what i'm upto. but now i deleted about 200 of them cuz i was sick of the lags when someone comes online etc , now i dont have so many lags and i am alot less stressed about it. on the other hand all those players that would have bought a Pro/Prem account cuz they want some of the action knowing that there is a community growing here will not now see it or know it and not pay for it so all lose out and in the long run it can only be worse =/ unless there's some way of solving the problem. then its happy days again
    Thawing Friends in Q3 iFT since 2002

Senior Member Kripp is on a distinguished road
    I'd love to see that option too. Getting 0.1 sec game freeze everytime a friend comes online that often results in a missed rail, rocket, lg fight lost and basically sux in any crucial moment, especially on tournaments and leagues.

i gonna delete my friendlist for tournaments (c) dahang

well, that was just a fake quote (i hope, lol), but it basically points the main problem: iD introduced community features, but when you use them you possibly get a huge disadvantage, especially the ones who keep the community alive.

i even think the poll is pretty much directing to ONE side.

@Kripp: it even rocks more when you play maps with void and try to rocket jump... guess the outcome of the jump.

mfg
    me
    void addict.

*mrkzjn
    The in-game lag can't be more annoying and the only application I have open is Quake Live.

Wow, just had like 30 messages in a two or three seconds... awesome & totally unplayable.

Especially when friends suffer from minor bugs they reconnect to the QL network, and you'll get the message spam all the time - pretty annoying.
    void addict.

Member Jaza is on a distinguished road Jaza's Avatar
    F1.

Because of a bug(occurs only with mac), I get lag and it makes my friends see me going online/offline all time. Option for disabling friends list would fix my spam for friends and perhaps fix the lag too.

+ Reply to Thread