• Yes, its standard in any Chat system

110 80.29%
  • No

4 2.92%
  • I dont care

23 16.79%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Option to turn OFF the friendlist.

Member Kalixt is on a distinguished road
    one second slow-down when someone from friendlist come online/offline .
    ?

*dylanec
    There are no words anymore to describe the complete incompetence by id software with Quakelive. How IN HELL such a CAPITAL thing isn't added yet after YEARS of the initial release?

This is completely NUTS. And now not only the annoying endless notifications while playing duels will ruin your games, but strange LAG SPIKES are happening now too when someone chats you during a game.

Again, no words.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-10-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanec View Post
    There are no words anymore to describe the complete incompetence by id software with Quakelive. How IN HELL such a CAPITAL thing isn't added yet after YEARS of the initial release?

This is completely NUTS. And now not only the annoying endless notifications while playing duels will ruin your games, but strange LAG SPIKES are happening now too when someone chats you during a game.

Again, no words.
    Name 1 *popular* game (That doesn't include consoles) that has the ability to turn off the friends list.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-10-2013 at 03:30 PM.

*Embrosio
    I also get lag, because of big friends list on my diferent account... really annoying considering i have pro on it and now how to use this one.

*dylanec
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Name 1 *popular* game (That doesn't include consoles) that has the ability to turn off the friends list.
    Heres one million: All games running under Steam, which allows for a friend-list without game-ruining in-game notifications about your contacts.

Why do you think spectator messages are off by default? Because having people talking to you during a duel and having an endless stream of in-game notifications about "X connected/disconnected" is the last you want to see. Why not just accept is objectively stupid that there is not a way to turn it off?

And im not including the lag spikes that freeze the game due the friend list system.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanec View Post
    Heres one million: All games running under Steam, which allows for a friend-list without game-ruining in-game notifications about your contacts.

Why do you think spectator messages are off by default? Because having people talking to you during a duel and having an endless stream of in-game notifications about "X connected/disconnected" is the last you want to see. Why not just accept is objectively stupid that there is not a way to turn it off?

And im not including the lag spikes that freeze the game due the friend list system.
    Steam applies under the "console" portion. By "console" I didn't specifically mean just PS3, Xbox, Wii, etc; I meant things that host/play a multitude of games.

Therefore, by what you've said: There's no games that have this. Steam isn't a game itself; it's a 3rd party application to play the games. I fully agree that it would be a nice feature to include; I just was pointing out that there's not a single game that has this (At least that I can think of).

As for the spectator portion: That's *only* off in duel, and I'm pretty sure you still get the connection messages while dueling. (I hardly duel, so I'm not 100% sure)

Congrats on assuming that because I brought up an opposing view that it's my specific viewpoint though.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    debating whether or not adding this quote to the collection: "steam is a videogame console"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

*dylanec
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Steam applies under the "console" portion. By "console" I didn't specifically mean just PS3, Xbox, Wii, etc; I meant things that host/play a multitude of games.

Therefore, by what you've said: There's no games that have this. Steam isn't a game itself; it's a 3rd party application to play the games. I fully agree that it would be a nice feature to include; I just was pointing out that there's not a single game that has this (At least that I can think of).

As for the spectator portion: That's *only* off in duel, and I'm pretty sure you still get the connection messages while dueling. (I hardly duel, so I'm not 100% sure)

Congrats on assuming that because I brought up an opposing view that it's my specific viewpoint though.
    Any modern game is included within the steam network, therefore is stupid to code in-built friend system, specially if you do it the wrong way (id software with Quake Live). In any case, a game that doesnt annoy you with that ruins matches outside steam: Starcraft:BW and his battle.net system, and its one old ass game.

Anyway, the point is: There is 0 excuses to have let this happen. Sure, people come in and out so you get disconnected/connected messages, but if you aren't some antisocial you'll have a pretty big friend list. Having a big friend list in QL: say goodbye to trying to focus during duels because people will chat to you during games which is annoying. Again, it's objectively stupid to not be able to disable this so ther isn't much of a discusion on there, since 2+2=4 and not 5 (is stupid to allow spec chat just like is stupid to allow people message you during duels)
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-10-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Senior Member SHAKEANDBAKE has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    Did anyone think about just deleting your "friends" list. Then no more annoying interruptions.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAKEANDBAKE View Post
    Did anyone think about just deleting your "friends" list. Then no more annoying interruptions.
    There are advantages to having a friends list that you may not want to lose. It is indeed sad that you can't put yourself in "incognito" mode or simply disable the notifications.

+ Reply to Thread