soo, after reading all the existing guides, it took me 3h of google research to create my first 1min video. thats not how it should be...
heres a really simple guide..
install these proggies first (all free). make shortcuts (send to desktop) to all .exe
- virtual dub
- windows live movie maker
now, settings 4 wolfcam. moviemaking creates very large files, especially when making HD recordings. so its probably better to record on other drive: [this step is only needed, when free space on C-Drive is <50 GB]
- create a shortcut (wolfcamql.exe), and add this stuff to properties:
then create a folder with the name "Wolfcam Record" on ur E-drive, also make a shortcut (send to desktop).C:\....Wolfcam\wolfcamql.exe +set fs_homepath "E:\Wolfcam Record"
config commands for wolfcam according to this guide:
bind l "vstr recordit"
seta recordit "vstr recordit1"
seta recordit1 "video jpg wav ; set recordit vstr recordit0"
seta recordit0 "stopvideo ; set recordit vstr recordit1"
seta cl_aviFrameRate "60"
(1) now. first step, start a demo in wolfcam and record for a while (press l), dont mind the slomo. it will write tons of screenshots plus a .wav soundfile.
(2) then start virtual dub, draw the first .jpg in. go: video => frame rate => set to 60, same as cl_aviframerate (if u forget this, its not a problem*) and then click "save as AVI". this will take a while. it creates a massive avi-file without sound.
(3) now launch window movie maker and draw the .avi in. go "add music" and choose the .wav. save as blabla, wait, thats it, movie done
(*) if u forgot to set the framerate in VD, then set WMM speed to 6x
- the folder e:\...wolfcam record/wolfcam-ql/videos can be deleted completely (no need to delete the thousands of .jpg)
- check antialiasing in grafixdriver (doesnt seem to work in WC??)
- while recording the demo in WC, its better to not do anything else on the computer, it may result in soundbugs and stuff.
- tweak ur wolfcam config: start wolfcam and write in console: /devmap campgrounds [check the config from kittenignition]
- a bit higher fov smooth the video, while blur looks schitty, imo. a bit of bloom seems ok too
- WC eats CPU, quit before rendering
- lower WC-resolutions speed the whole process up massivly
- CRASH: to prevent crashes: check the taskmanager, when Wolfcam is eating RAM, then quit and restart. also it seems that using the Pause-key before executing a vid_restart helps a bit! Wolfcam gets bigger when switching between fullscreen and windowmode and also when tweakinhg config/HUD/script files.
- to speed up everything a lot: get a SSD
i made a new autoexe, contains some stuff. also i made some explosion-effects. check last post on page 2
part 2: post #15